The Meeting

It was just too much to take in. Waking up to remember nothing, not even your own name? Miserable, that's what it is.

She got startled when she heard the doorbell. Not wanting any more attention than she already had got, she just turned over and went back to sleep.

And another twenty minutes later, she was yet again woken up. She couldn't help but feel irritated at not recognizing the people around her, the ones smiling at her kindly and so expectantly, that she could not even remember the name of the ones whom she once called 'family'. But, she could not remember how they looked once she turned away, how they once treated her, their character, how they were related to her, whom she could trust and whom she could joke with.

Till one boy who looked about six pushed in through the crowd holding the hand of a handsome young man. They walked forward and stood near her bed. The man helped the boy up and put him next to her. She instantly shot up and sat upright. "Whoa. Khushi, its fine. Lie down, you need the rest," said the man in such a kind voice that suddenly Khushi felt a tingle in her hand. She started to notice the fast rate at which her heart was beating. She put a hand to her heart, and the man smiled, "Just like old times?"

"What?" she asked, perplexed. "Arnav ji, I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't remember anything, yes sure, there are those bits here and there, but nothing seems to connect, and-" Khushi stopped her rant for a moment and realized what just happened.

"I know your name," she whispered.

He leaned in closer. "Because you and I, Khushi, share a special bond."

He winked and walked out of the door, leaving a confused Khushi behind.

                                                          ***************************************

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!