10 Matrimony

"To the groom!" Angelica says confidently. She always takes family duties rather seriously, and her Maid of Honor job is no different.

"To the bride!" Several guests cheer.

"Your sister will always be by your side, no matter what." Angelica assures a tearful Eliza and Alexander.

"I will always adore you both." She raises her glass again. "To your union!"

"To the revolution!" Lafayette calls. Laughter scatters about the large room.

"I hope you both provide for your growing nation and of course," Angelica looks at Alexander lovingly.

"I wish eternal satisfaction for you both."

Alexander remembers the night he met both Angelica and Eliza. "I have never been satisfied," he recalls. He grins at his new sister-in-law.

The room erupts into cheers and whoops, the loudest coming from the table Hercules and Lafayette were sitting at.

"You can always count on your friends to make a lot of noise." Eliza says to Alexander and Laurens sitting next to her.

"And that's a bad thing?" The two men say in unison. Eliza laughs.

Laurens leans over Alexander to Eliza.

"Eliza, may I dance with Peggy?" He asks softly.

Eliza's face brightens. "I would love it if you did! She's feeling a little left out, being so young and all."

Laurens puts on his most charming smile. "I'm sure I can remedy that."

Angelica approaches Laurens. "But hurt her and you'll feel the wrath of a thousand King Georges, get it?" She points an accusing finger at Laurens as her expression turns terrifyingly cheerful.

"Y-yes ma'am." He stammers nervously.

"That's our Angelica!" Alexander smirks. Angelica challenges him.

"What do you mean by that?!" She asks, mockingly indignant.

Eliza giggles at her sister's playful side. "Angelica, Father brought someone for you to meet."

Angelica's smiling expression fades. "He doesn't have to do that." She snaps. "I can find a husband just fine on my own."

Eliza looks at her sympathetically. "Sorry."

Angelica meets eyes with her sister. "You're not at fault here." She assures her. "Where is he?"

Eliza gestures to a man speaking with Peggy. Peggy points to the platform where the four wedding party members were. "Damn." Angelica breathes.

"Maybe he won't be as bad as the last one." Eliza offers.

Angelica doesn't answer, just pastes a pleasant smile on her face and glides to her arranged date.

"I take it Angelica is not an easy woman to find a suitor for." Laurens ventures. Eliza confirms his statement.

"She's too independent for her own good." The bride sighs. Music starts playing on the dance floor.

"Come on." Alexander says gently to Eliza. "Today's about celebrating you."

"Us." She corrects him, giggling slightly.

"That, too." He grins.

Laurens offers to walk the couple to the dance floor. They accept and Eliza and Alexander nearly float onto the dance floor, they're so light with happiness. Applause begins and Laurens takes the time to find Peggy in the crowd of clapping people.