Triggered

Two years later, her father had died, succumbed to a disease from breathing in too much ash. He had worked in the mines, and one day, he never returned home. Her mother had tried, but she didn't make it either. So, the girl had wandered the streets, orphaned. For eight years, she learned of survival on her own. Her frail, body dried of the tears she shed. Her face became gaunt, never again revealing a smile. But she forced herself to be strong, her brittle bones never shattering, even by the fiercest of winds. She buried her past in her hollow, heart. But, eventually, she became no longer existent as she started to fade away, fragile and succumbing to the world.

                      But two days ago, she jerked awake in her usual hiding place, an abandoned alley, to the sound of something unfamiliar. It was a broadcasting, displayed in the town square. Selene Blackburn, the true heir and queen of Luna had returned to take back her throne and defeat Queen Levana. Her whole life spent in anguish, ripped away because of the Queen of Luna. She took away her family, one by one. Everything out of the borders of Artemisia, the capital of Luna, was in ruins, but Levana never cared. She drained everything of the sectors to her own gain, and she left them there, to fend for themselves. But Selene had promised a certain future for everybody if they aided her in fighting for justice. The girl had enough. She had decided to stop running. She would embrace her fate. She would ensure that her loved ones were avenged, the hopelessness that had conquered Luna's poor would regain their rights. Her eyes, hollow and empty of emotion, finally sparked to life, and she had trailed the army of citizens marching against the Palace.