(399): Helping Hand (Tadashi) {BLIND READER} (Part Two)

Part two of Helping Hand as requested!

Can you believe that we're nearing the 400th one shot?! Ahhh! Is there anything specific you guys would like to see for it? Let me know!! ♡♡

-
A month later

Your phone calls with your hero happened at least three times a week. You still hadn't taken time away to see Tadashi, although you wanted to more than anything, but that was because you were embarrassed.

Tonight, you're sitting on your bed. Your phone is pressed up against your ear. Tadashi's telling you about his day. "But I completely missed the correct wiring. The red wire wasn't supposed to come out of the calcinator at all, but the blue one was. Ugh, I'm not even sure what I was thinking! I ended up wasting all day on a small piece of what should have been a simple project." Your lips curl up into a smile at the sound of his sighing. "I'm sorry, I must be boring you."

"You're not," you assure him. "Trust me. I'm glad you figured out how to complete your work on time. It must be the craziest thing, being a robotics student."

"It's definitely not for anyone who isn't a fan of hard work," he says with a laugh. After a pause, he says, "You know what? I've been thinking. You should come over."

"Come over?" you ask in a rush.

"Yeah," Tadashi says. "You can meet my Aunt Cass, my brother, Hiro, and our cat." He chuckles. "We live on top of our café. I promise that my family isn't scary."

Your heart beat sky rockets. You fiddle nervously with your hair. "Oh no, it's not that. I-It's just... what if they don't like me?"

Tadashi laughs loudly, as if that's the silliest thing he's ever heard. "Don't like you? ___, they'll love you! You're amazing!"

"Well, okay, but-"

"If you're going to say, 'but I'm blind', then I'll be upset. That doesn't change the way I feel about you."

There is something pulling at your chest. You have no doubt that Tadashi will forever be a big part of your life, but you're not sure how long or for what reason. 'Make the best out of this. It's not everyday that a cute boy wants you to meet his family'."Okay," you whisper. "Okay, I'll meet them."
-
One year later

"Hey, beautiful," he says, kissing your lips softly.

"Hey," you say with a giggle, your hand finding his. He grasps it tightly, his arm becoming your guard, your anchor, as he leads you to the table in the middle of the café. You didn't bring your cane today, in fear that it would ruin the moment.

You and Tadashi had been officially dating for only six months. Tonight was your anniversary. To celebrate, Tadashi made dinner at his place. Aunt Cass closed the café up early, set up a nice little area for the two of you. You could hear the music playing in the background and smell the vanilla cupcake and cherry blossom candles.

Tadashi politely helps you to your seat. "Wow," you say, placing your palms against the soft tablecloth. "You really know how to deliver."

"Mhm." He kisses your cheek and walks to the other side of the table to take his seat.

Your fingers graze the silverware before you. "You even placed everything where I would remember."

"Did I do it right?" he asks. "I was really worried that I would misplace your knife or glass or something."

"It's perfect," you assure him, flashing a bright grin.

"Good. I'm glad."

The music switches to your favorite slow song. You gasp in happiness. Suddenly, there's a shift on the table. Your eyebrows furrow together. "Tadashi?"

You feel a breeze against your left shoulder. His hand slides down your arm, stopping at your fingertips. "May I have this dance?" he asks softly.

You allow him to pull you up. "I don't know how to dance," you inform him nervously.

"I'll lead you," he says, both of his hands grabbing your hips gently. Your hands hold his shoulders. "Relax," he whispers, his warm breath blowing across your face. Your eyes flutter closed as he begins to sway.

This feeling was different from anything you'd ever felt. The feeling of his hands on your waist, gently guiding you, his arms holding you close, his forehead pressed against your own, the sound of his voice as he softly whispers the lyrics. Your cheeks are flushed and your heart fluttering. His left hand leaves your waist, softly caressing your cheek instead. You lean into his touch. You can only picture his face, but you're sure that he's beautiful. His thumb strokes up, brushing against the corner of your nose.

As the song comes to an end, his other hand meets at your cheek. He cradles your face with care. His fingers travel along your skin, much like the way that yours did on the day you met him. It's a unique feeling, a different way of seeing someone. His thumb moves across your lips, stopping at the corner of your mouth and going over them again. You breathe against his skin, moving your hands to his face. You take your time exploring, smiling when Tadashi would sigh or laugh lightly.

Your hands pull back, resting on his shoulders again. Slowly, you lay your head on his chest, right above his heartbeat.

"I'm in love with you," Tadashi whispers.

You smile. "I'm in love with you, too."
-
Five years later

"Mrs. Hamada, here's your beautiful baby girl!" the nurse announces. You cry out a sound of joy and hold out your arms, longing for the feeling of your baby's warmth and soft skin.

Tadashi helps you situate her. She fits perfect in your arms as if she was meant to be there all along. "Oh, love, she's perfect," he whispers in your ear.

Tears are streaming down your face as you gently and slowly explore her face. "She has your eyes," you say.

Tadashi laughs. "That she does." He leans his closer to his baby girl. "Hi, princess. Hi. We're your Mommy and Daddy. We love you so much, little girl." He kisses her forehead.

"And here's your baby boy!" the nurse announces again.

You gasp and shift your daughter to one arm, eager to feel your son. Once he's in your arms, both of your babies make a similar cry of almost happiness, as if they know that they're a complete family. "I know you," you cry softly to your children. "Mommy knows you two."

"He looks so much like you," Tadashi says in admiration.

Fear catches in your throat. "You don't think that he's blind, too, do you? I-I want him to be perfect-"

"Sweetie," your husband interrupts you patiently, his hand touching your cheek. "___, my love, you're perfect. If he's blind, we'll deal with it as it is. Nothing could make our children less beautiful." He kisses you lightly. "You've made two gorgeous babies."

You dip your head and nuzzle your face against them, enjoying the sounds of their soft coos. When you sit back up, you glance at your husband, where he's leaning over you. "They are perfect, aren't they?" you ask with a laugh.

Tadashi chuckles. He kisses the corner of your mouth. "I'd expect no less from you."