Chapter 1 -Something is up✔

SAME DIFFERENCE -BY KGALI CLAIRE MMUOE

(Edited)
1
BRENT

The past two weeks have been hectic. My wife has been away for so long, just to have her in my arms peaceful and in lala land is like a dream to me. Its a blessing I'm thankful for daily.

The past three days must have been hell for her and to think that I caused unnecessary drama. The argument we had over the phone was brutal. I was shooting bullets from my mouth and I hated myself afterwards. Clara wouldn't talk to me or answer any of my texts and to top it all off Angela ;who is not such an angel is causing discord between us. I know she didn't mean for what happened to happen.

I need to find the man I once was, the man my wife married and my Son knew and loved.

With Clara I always find myself. I married her for a reason ... for many reasons. Half of me is her and half of her is me and our son Andrew is a symbol of our love . He was nothing short of a miracle . I have the bullet scar and stab wound scar to show and I wear them proudly.
My wife and son are my life .
They both mean the world to me I'd be a mess if I lost both of them. I wanted to make love to my wife but she hit lights out after I literally carried her over my shoulder from the guest room to our bedroom. We both fell asleep... well she fell asleep before me. Damn jet lag I could have had great make up sex with my wife, sleepy sex is an option... but I am not that selfish, she needs her rest.

Thank goodness she is off for the next couple of months. I just hope I can redeem myself or better yet make it up to her by making her a meal or setting up date night. Flip as if losing my job and being in and out of jobs wasn't that bad.

Money has never been a problem for both of us and she gives me what I need and want; spiritually, mentally, physically ...with no questions asked. I am thankful for her period.

It was 5am in the morning and knowing my wife she would have already been up jogging. She was still asleep and I wanted to hold her like it was the last time we were ever going to be together.

That's what it feels like every time we fight. I am always afraid of losing her... Even worse I cannot imagine her loving someone else.
She knew about Angela and her tricks and she knew I would never cheat on her. That woman needs a wake up call, there is only one girl for me and she's right here all mine .

Andrews' room was right across ours so if anything would happen or if there was any sign of him waking up I would hear. He too had a knack for getting up early like his mother. Just the other day he made me his famous jelly bean, peanut butter and banana sandwich with warm milk for breakfast and told me that Clara said he should feed me if I don't wake up after nine in the morning. Amazingly it tastes pretty good.

I missed Clara waking me up with kisses and breakfast in bed. Something was up. I was up early and both sources of my joy were not.

The house was silent and then out of nowhere I heard a loud thud across the hall. It sounded like something had fallen. Clara's eyes flew open and she jerked out of my arms and out of bed ,ran to Andrews' room and I followed her...

"Andy. I'm here what's wrong angel?"

"Mommy you're back I missed you so much."

She ran his side and he was shivering, this was the second fever in as many days and I had kept it from Clara. Tim told me he was okay and I should just keep an eye on him. If the same symptoms occur again I should call him. He had picked up something from school and he was cleared and healthy. I still feel bad for keeping information from my wife, she should have known but I was angry and acted on impulse.

" I missed you. Mommy I hurt everywhere I don't feel too good."

Clara took Andrew in her arms and tried to soothe him . She gave him a kiss on the forehead and I could sense that she was scared.