Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I stared at him in disbelief. All he did was smile flirtatiously before turning back to the screen. I felt myself blush.

"You did not just do that." I whispered.

"Oh but I did." He whispers back with a wink.

That little asshole! Two can play at that game. I snickered before grabbing his drink.

"What are you doing?" He said in a low voice, his face a bit shocked and his mouth agape.

"Making it a full indirect kiss." I whispered back before sipping his drink and shoving it to his chest. Thankfully it didn't spill on him. I laughed at how well my little plan worked because from the corner of my eye I could still see him staring at me in shock.

"You know," I snapped my head in his direction when he spoke. "All you had to do was ask for a real kiss if you really wanted to have a little taste." He said with a smirk.

Ugh! He always has something to say. Just when I thought I had finally won, he goes and pulls off an obnoxious remark with one of his signature, gorgeous might I add, smirks.

The rest of the movie went on with us in a comfortable silence while eating popcorn.

~

As we made our way to my car, Carter spoke up. "So, what did you think of the movie?"

"It was actually really good. Made me jump a couple of times though." I laughed, recalling where I threw a bit of popcorn that I had in my hand when one of the zombies popped up out of no where.

"Yeah, I know." Carter said smiling genuinely.

I decided to drive since I still needed to drop Carter off at the school so he could get his car.

"You know this kind of was a date." Carter said while looking out the window.

His statement caught me off guard, because he actually sounded serious and not playful like he usually spoke to me.

"I guess you could say that." I said quietly, still unsure of what to say exactly.

He chuckled before looking at me. "You know I-"

*iPhone rings*

I looked down at my phone that was placed in the cup holder. I glanced to see who was calling and surprisingly, it was Lizzie.

I answered it quickly before placing it between my shoulder and ear, and fixed my gaze back on the road.

"Hello?" I spoke calmly into the phone.

"Melody!" She practically yelled through the phone in her giggly, cheerful voice.

"Yesssss?" I said in an idiotic tone. I couldn't help but smile.

"I was just calling to say I love you!" She said while laughing like a maniac.

"Well guess what?"

"What?" She said quieting down.

"I love you more!" I said while laughing.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Okay bye." I said hanging up, before placing my phone back in the cup holder. That girl is so random sometimes I swear!

I glanced over at Carter who had a smile on face. "Lizzie?"

"Yupp."

We both laughed knowing how odd she can be sometimes.

"So I need to ask you something."

I looked over at him before finally pulling into the schools parking lot. It was almost dark. I parked next to his car, which was actually really nice. "What's up?"

His face got serious again. "Today, at lunch.." He paused before continuing. "What were you going to say about Carmen?"

I looked at him, while searching his face. Was he angry that I had been talking about her or something? If only he knew what she did to me! Then maybe he wouldn't seem so serious. Did he still have feelings for her or something?

"Nothing." I said slowly while looking into his gorgeous blue eyes. "Why?"

He stared back into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity. I looked away, which caused him to finally speak up.

"Look I know how how she can be, and if she did something or said something to you, I would really appreciate if you would tell me. She is my ex after all. I think I deserve to know what she says to you."

So I'm guessing he did still have feelings for her. Or maybe not? I don't know, I guess it's for the best I mean he's a really good friend, and I don't want to mess up our friendship just because his ex has problems with me. I sighed feeling a little sad at his concern for her. "Look I think I should get home. My moms probably waiting for me since it is a school night."

"Mel-"

"Goodnight Carter." I said with the best smile I could muster up.

He sighed before getting out of the car. I waited as he made his way to the front of my car to get to his.

I rolled down my window before calling back to him. "Carter..."

He turned around and made his way to my window. "Yeah?" He asked in a monotone. He looked a little mad. Wow was he really angry, or just annoyed?

I reached into my glove department and grabbed a twenty, it wasn't much but at least he got most of his money back that he spent on me. I was glad I remembered that I kept it in there in case of an emergency. I grabbed his hand and placed it in his palm. "Here, for today."

Before he could say anything else, I put my car in reverse and drove off. I looked in my rear view mirror, only to see him shaking his head as he got into his car.

My stomach felt uneasy. I didn't want him to be angry with me because of Carmen. I don't want to lose him.

I can't lose him. He always makes me smile, and even if he still had feelings for her, I would smile and act like it didn't faze me.

Truth is, that it did. And that hurt.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys sorry it's so short. Also I'm sorry it's been a few days since I've updated.

So tell me what do you guys think?

Does Carter still have feelings for Carmen? :0

Thanks for reading. I love you guys!