Chapter 7

Chapter 7

After helping my mom clean up the kitchen once we had finished eating dinner, I made my way to my room. I was ready to just lay down in my bed and go to sleep. I looked at my bed and groaned while passing it before heading to my closet. I grabbed my pajamas and towel and headed for the shower.

This day seemed to have passed by slowly and was quite eventful. I smiled at myself when the thoughts of Carter holding my hand came rushing back to me. I felt myself blush. Oh my gosh, I must be crazy. I can't like him. I barely even know him. I shook the thought away and quickly got into the shower.

~

Finally! It feels so good to be laying down in my comfortable bed. I turned over to plug my phone into the charger, when my phone buzzed.

: goodnight darling (; btw it's Lizzie hahahaha. See you tomorrow girlie, sorry I didn't text you earlier. My stupid phone died. Okay byeeee! :D :

: Lol it's okay, goodnight(: :

I silently laughed. This girl is crazy but she's pretty cool. Just then I realized I had another text message in my message box. It was from Carter.

: Just wanted to say goodnight. Oh and btw... I'm pretty sure you're blushing right now. Lol see you tomorrow Melody. :

: Goodnight. Oh and btw I didn't blush thank you very much :P :

: Took you long enough to reply. And okay sure you didn't. ;) :

: Whatever, ill just let you think that so your ego won't be too hurt. :P Lol goodnight see you tomorrow. :

: I don't know what you're talking about... (Ego dropped 60%) </3 :

: GOODNIGHT ! :) :

: Fine... Goodnight Cutie.... You're blushing now. See you tomorrow. :

I locked my phone and smiled. Weirdo haha.

~

I slammed on my alarm hoping to get another 5 minutes of sleep.

"Melody wake up!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. "Hurry up and get ready, I made breakfast."

I groaned. Why does school have to start so early? I really wish they still gave us nap time like in kindergarten. Man those were the good ol' days.

I sighed before jumping out of bed and got ready for school. After I finished my morning routine of getting dressed, applying my eyeliner, brushing my teeth, and fixing my hair, I quickly made my bed grabbing my phone and book bag before making my way towards the kitchen.

"Look I made you pancakes, eggs, and bacon!" My mother said in a cheerful tone.

"Mom isn't it too early to be all happy?" I asked in a sleepy voice. She's always been a morning person. Me on the other hand....not so much.

"Just eat it." She said laughing and pushing the plate towards me.

I took the plate and started eating slowly.

"So..." My mom said with a mischievous grin. "This Carter Harrison fellow.. " she said wriggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Okay I should really get going mom thanks for breakfast!" I said stumbling out of my chair.

My mom laughed at my attempt to get away. "You can just tell me when you get back from school later."

"Sure mom." I said putting my shoes on and heading out the door.

"Love you Melody!" She yelled.

"Love you too mom!"

~

I made my way through the crowded halls in a rush to get to my first period. I ended up getting to school right when the warning bell had rung. Stupid traffic!

I finally spotted Mr. Ferris' room, and ran towards it. As soon as I entered the classroom, the bell for class to begin rung. I felt all eyes on me.

"Have a seat Miss DeLuna." Mr. Ferris said. I looked over to where I sat yesterday only to see some girl already sitting in it. I glanced over only to make eye contact with Carter for about a second before turning my gaze to an empty seat in the back next to some guy. I quickly made my way over there before taking a seat.

I looked over at the guy and smiled at him when I noticed he was staring at me. He returned it before whispering to me.

"Hey I'm Ian." He said giving me a warm smile.

"I'm Melody." I whispered back looking at him for a brief moment before smiling back.

I looked back towards the front of the class to see Mr. Ferris talking while looking straight at me. I lowered myself a bit in my chair, feeling a bit uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Mr. Robinson, if you're done flirting with Miss DeLuna then maybe we can continue on with our lesson."

I looked over at Ian who had a deep blush and was looking down. Wow are you kidding me? Stupid jerk I officially hate this teacher! He didn't have to call him out like that. He was just introducing himself to me. I felt the need to hug Ian and apologize for what just happened. I looked back towards the front of the room only to see the majority of the class looking back at us. Carter looked at me then at Ian, before he turned his gaze back to Mr. Ferris.

When Mr. Ferris continued on with his lesson, I only half listened to what he was saying. I felt so bad for Ian who was also just sitting there looking down at his textbook. He looked as if he was in deep thought.

When the bell to dismiss class finally rang, I stood up and looked at Ian.

"Hey I'm sorry about that. That teachers a jerk." I said extending my hand out to him to help him out of his chair even though in pretty sure he didn't need any help. He took my hand and got out of his seat. He looked down at me with a warm smile and a little blush.

"It's okay it's not your fault." He said looking into my eyes.

He was about as tall as Carter maybe and inch or two shorter. He had light brown hair and shocking green eyes that looked even greener than mine. He was thin but not too thin. He didn't have a buff form so I don't think he's a sporty type of guy. He looked extremely nice though and he was actually pretty adorable and cute.

"Well still he had no right to just call you out in front of the whole class like that." I finally managed to say.

He laughed and shook his head. "It's not like any of the people in this class knew I was in this class anyways."

I laughed "Well I think they do now. Maybe we should get to class."

He smiled "Yeah maybe we should."

When we were out the door I was surprised to see Carter leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms crossed casually. His blue eyes meeting mine with a little smirk on his face "You are so slow." He said poking my side causing me to laugh and jerk back accidentally bumping into Ian.

"I am so sorry!" I said looking down towards the ground at Ian where he somehow managed to end up falling on his butt.

"It's fine." He said smiling up at me. I reached down and helped him back to his feet.

"This is Carter. Carter this is Ian." Ian looked nervous but managed a 'hello' while Carter just said a simple 'hey'

Just then the warning bell rang. Crap I'm gonna be late for sure this time. "Well gotta go guys." I said smiling before rushing off leaving them just standing there awkwardly. I glanced back to see both of them just staring after me.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N :

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been a little busy.

Or maybe just lazy. Haha

Thanks to those of you who are reading this.

Leave some feedback please.

Vote, & Comment!

Thanks! :D

- Marissa.