The Early Surprise

Kurt's P.O.V

"Come on Kurt!! Wake up!" I heard Krist. He was shaking me to wake up.

"Goddammit man! It's 4 a.m!" I answered angry.

"Shut up dude and come." He said calming down.

I sighted and got up from the warm and comfortable bed, this being the second night when me, Mary and Krist have a sleepover at Dave's.

I looked around me. In the opposite part was Mary sleeping. I smiled. She looks really cute when she sleeps.

Krist poked me and I turned around and followed him quietly.

"Man, what are we doing at this time awake?" I asked Krist groaning.

"We're going to prepare a surprise for Mary." He answered.

"Are you kidding? At 4 in the morning?" I groaned.

"Shut the hell up, man and get your guitar." He answered starting to get angry.

I gave up, only because I was too sleepy to argue with him. I got my guitar and we left outside. We walked without talking. When we got to a bench few houses away from Dave's house we stopped.

Krist got out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Sing it." He said shortly.

"As you wish..." I said and started playing.

I need an easy friend
I do, with an ear to lend
I do, think you fit this shoe
I do, but do you have a clue?

I'll take advantage while
You hang me out to dry
But I can't see you every night... Free

"It's cool." I said, finally feeling like I woke up completely, after ages. "But what has this to do with me or Mary?" I asked confused.

"Sing it to her in the morning, when she wakes up." He answered smirking.

I smiled and thanked him. I made my way back to Dave's house, where I couldn't fall asleep again. I stood the following hours just looking at the walls and thinking about Mary.

"Man, she woke up!" Krist ran towards me shouting.

I nodded and went upstairs, in the room we shared until Krist woke me up.

"Morning!" I smiled looking to her. Her dark blue eyes were watching me confused, still sleepy. She shook her head and answered.

I sat on the edge of the bed, next to her and I started playing the song Krist gave me few hours earlier.

Once I finished, she looked up at me and smiled. She kissed my cheek and then put her hands around my neck and gave me a big hug.

"It's wonderful, Kurt!" She said still hugging me. I put the guitar on the bed and hugged her too and kissed her cheek.

After few minutes of staying hugged there, we went downstairs holding hands. As I entered the kitchen, I saw Krist smirking. I was sure he was going to tell me 'I told you so!'. He always liked to tell me that.

Dave was looking through the fridge when he noticed we were there.

"Good good morning! What's that?" Dave laughed pointing at our hands.

We laughed but continued holding hands.

"What are your plans for today?" Kurt asked me as we sit at the table having breakfast.

"I would better go home after we eat. I think mom is worried. I haven't been home for two days." She said plain. "But today is Sunday, and it means mom will go to Seattle to see dad and I will be alone in the house. You can come later if you want." She continued.

"Sure!" I answered fast.

"Me and Krist have to go um... practicing for um... nevermind. We can't come, right, Krist? " Dave said looking nervously at Krist.

"Yes. We need to go help out a friend." Krist said quickly.

After we ate our breakfast, Mary headed to the door.

"Bye guys!" She said waving and gave me a hug.

"Bye!" We all answered.

"Good luck with Mary tonight, Kurt!" They said grinning as Dave closed the door.

"You don't have to help anyone,right?" I answered amused.

"Yep. Good luck, again." Dave said smiling.