Chapter 29

I wake up extremely disoriented. I realize I'm in a basement tied with vervain ropes to a chair bolted to the ground. There is a rag tied around my mouth dripping with wolfsbane, every breath I take burns. There are two needles in my arms draining me slowly. Most likely to weaken me immensely. They covered all of their bases. It is completely dark, but I hear the humming of electricity.

The door opens to reveal Stiles being thrown down the stairs by two men. He shakes it off pretty quickly. Stiles stumbles to flip the light switch on. I see that Erica and Boyd are strung up with electrical wire. He doesn't seem to notice me because I'm on the other side of the room.

Erica and Boyd start trying to say something. "Holy sh-" He starts touching the wire. The light flicker and Stiles mumbles an ow. The door opens again and Gerard makes his way down. "They were trying to warn you. It's electrified." Gerard states. "What are you doing with them? Where's Lia?" Stiles asks. "At the moment, just keeping them comfortable. There's no point in torturing them, they won't give Derek up. The instinct to protect their alpha is too strong. As for your girlfriend, you need not look any further." Gerard answers pointing to me.

Stiles' face goes paler than usual. "What the hell are you doing to her?" Stiles questions trying to make his way to me. Gerard stops him. "Keeping her under control. Our family has never been graced with the presence of a hybrid before. Your girlfriend is test subject number one in our books. I'll test her limits." Gerard explains. "Just let her go please." Stiles pleads.

"You know I can't do that. The real question you should be asking is what I'm doing with you." Gerard states. "So what are you doing with me? Scott can find me alright? He knows my scent. It's pungent you know. It's more like a stench. He could find me even if I was buried at the bottom of a sewer covered in fecal matter and urine." Stiles says. I cringe at the mental image.

"You do have a knack for creating a vivid picture Mr. Stilinski. Let me paint one of my own. Scott McCall finds his best friend bloodied and beaten to a pulp. How does that sound?" Gerard questions. I start fighting against the ropes. "I think I might prefer more of a still landscape you know? What are you 90? Look I can probably kick your ass up and down this room." Stiles says. Gerard hits him so hard he gets knocked to the ground. My screams are muffled by the rag.

Gerard starts hitting Stiles repeatedly, ignoring Stiles' pleas. I close my eyes but keep fighting. By some miracle the gag on my mouth loosens and I get it off. "Stop! Scott is my family, and Derek considers me as part of his pack. You want to hurt them like you were hurt, hurt me. Beat me, torture me, kill me, I don't care. Just let him go. I won't put up a fight, you have my word." I plead. Gerard stops his assault on Stiles. he has a sickening grin plastered onto his face.

"You make a compelling argument Ms. Lockwood. I wasn't even thinking about the opportunities of revenge you give me. I think I've done enough to his face to get my point across. Mr. Stilinski, you can go. Ms. Lockwood, we are just getting started." Gerard states. "I can't leave without you." Stiles says. "You can and you will. I love you." I assure smiling.

Gerard's goons then pull Stiles out. Stiles put up a hell of a fight, but in the end he wasn't strong enough. "I think this is a good note to end today on. I look forward to tomorrow." Gerard announces tying the rag back on my mouth. I sit there for hours. All of this bleeding is speeding up the desiccation process. My veins feel like sandpaper.

Chris comes down for what I assumed would be test number one. "You know, my family's done this for a long time. Long enough to learn things like how a certain level of electric current can keep you from transforming. At another level, you can't heal. A few amps higher, and no heightened strength. That kind of scientific accuracy makes you wonder where the line between the natural and supernatural really exists. It's when lines like that blur. You sometimes find yourself surprised by what side you end up on." Chris states.