*Chapter 1*

AN: Copy right goes to Jeff Davis and not me. I only own Selene. I hope you enjoy this story! If there is any typos just let me know and I'll get it sorted out for you.

First written: March 2016
Last updated: June 17th 2021

Words: 3442

The forest was calm beneath her feet. She was a natural predator. Nothing broke underneath her weight. No twigs snapped, no leaves crunched. It was like she was a feather floating in the wind. Her dark hair matched the bark of the trees... the wood of the forest.

The last time she was in this forest was 6 years ago. She was a mere child back then. She didn't know what the world was like outside the safety of the woods. Inside the woods nothing had changed. But, everything about her had changed. She recognized the trees, but if the trees were alive, would they recognize her?

Those 6 years ago she was a member large wolf pack and their Alpha was Talia Hale. She was an extraordinary wolf who could fully change into a wolf. Very few could do this. It was believed to be a genetic trait. A trait Talia had passed onto her eldest daughter Laura.

The Hale pack were very secluded and only accepted members they could trust. But they would never turn down anyone who needed help.
Selene and her father were considered lucky to be members of the pack. Many of the supernatural world believed there to be a secret reason however, if there was a mystery behind it. It died with Talia.

Talia was gone. The Hale pack and all of its members, humans and wolves alike killed in one night. The only survivors were, Laura, Derek, Selene and Peter who had been present at the time of the fire. Peter was the only survivor of the attack itself. He was permanently in the hospital as a result. The others were thankfully away from the house at the time. The only reason they were alive.

As the eldest child of the Alpha, the natural powers of Talia passed down to Laura. She was the new Alpha. Or at least she was. That is what had brought Derek and Selene back to the place they had sworn they would never return. Beacon Hills.

Their alpha, Laura was dead. Not only that but, someone had stolen her powers. When an Alpha dies naturally their powers fall to the next in line, but this line can be broken if the Alpha is killed by another wolf. Derek was not only looking for the person who had killed his sister. But who had stolen his family's power.

"Selene! Hurry." Derek's deep and demanding voice called from in front of her, breaking the natural silence which had fallen on the woods. Selene was a lot shorter than Derek so had to speed up to keep up with his long strides.

Derek and Selene both looked quite similar. They both had dark hair and dark eyes. They both walked and observed their environment the same way. Anyone could mistake them for siblings or relatives but in fact, their bond was stronger than that.

They were wolves of the same pack. They had each other's back and would defend each other until their last breaths. That is, until they squabbled and argued. Another trait that people would mistake for siblings.

Selene was named in honor of the Greek Goddess of the moon. Her father said his daughter was his moon and she should be gifted with such a name to show everyone his blessing. He promised she would be as powerful as the moon itself. But look where promises lead her. Alone and powerless.

Derek reached out his arm to stop her dead in her tracks. Selene stopped immediately. No words were spoken between them. Selene observed her surroundings. She sniffed the air.

There it was. The thing Derek and stopped her for. She shifted her head in the direction of the smell. There was another wolf coming towards them. A new wolf from what she could gather.