Chapter One:

On the outskirts of Dublin, in the middle of nowhere was a miniscule orphanage, which took care of small children.

While a lot of the children were outside, there was a little girl who never wanted to associate with other children nor did she want to spend time with them. Instead, this little girl would sit indoors all the time and usually on her own. She barely enjoyed the company of the adults who looked after them. Alternatively, she would sit on her own in her bedroom and play with her toys.

This little girl's name was Isobel or 'Izzy' for short. Izzy was currently sat cross-legged on the dark oak wooden floor in her bedroom as she played with her stuffed teddy bear, whose name was Blue. She could play with Blue all day if she wanted to. This was because she has a vivid imagination however she also has very vivid memories- and not the good kind.

Suddenly, Izzy was overwhelmed with extreme levels of fear, pain and sadness. She knew what was happening and dropped Blue on the floor. She scooted over to the corner of her little bedroom, hugged her knees and closed her eyes. There, she was having images and flashbacks of her past- when she didn't have a mother and was mistreated when she was only young.

Soon, Izzy started seeing flames in her head. 'Help' was what Izzy of the past called but nobody there helped her. At the current moment, Izzy squeezed her fists together while continuously rocking back and forth. After a while, the flames in her head were slowly decreasing until she couldn't see them anymore.

"Izzy? Are you okay?" She heard someone talk. She opened her eyes and saw Adam, the co-worker at the orphanage, looking right at her. She slowly nodded her head, as she was unsure of this.

Adam smiled back at Izzy warmly before leaving her bedroom. Izzy was alone again.

Not too far away from the orphanage lived a twenty-six year old man. He had been through a lot recently, from finding out that his girlfriend was unable to get pregnant to her having rows with him and suddenly taking off and never to speak to him again. He wasn't in the best mind-set because of this, however, he didn't want that to get him down.

This man's name was Sean but he was known by thousands as 'Jack'.

Jack sat in his car as he drummed to the beat of the music. He was stuck in traffic as he was out for a drive. He sighed to himself as he leant to the side to see several people in front of him had stopped for no reason.

"Oh come on, I don't want to be stuck here all day!" He shouted, thinking that the cars in front of him would be able to hear him.

Jack was on his way to the orphanage that was quite near to where he lived. He wanted to adopt a child that he could call his own because he was unable to have a child with his past girlfriend. He thought that this would be a good deed to do, to take care of a child who hasn't got any parents.

Finally, the cars were starting to move and Jack found himself no longer in traffic. He drove a few more miles before coming off the main road and turning into a small country lane. After a few twists and turns down the bumpy road later, he had reached his destination.