She had decided then to leave. She couldn’t let herself lose in his charisma again.

Not that he hadn’t tried to stop her, he had screamed her name but she didn’t want to face him after he had behaved so smugly about the kiss.

She swirled in the direction of her house, shied from turning towards him and had walked away.

It was the right decision. Yes! Correct. She was an independent woman with no place for a man.

Radhika stared at the work clothes strewn over her bed. The conservative dressing did not scream as she was in college, a head-turning Radhika.

 No more will she be sensible and level headed. She tossed the black jacket on the bed and removed the rubber band. Hair cascaded past her shoulders.

So, the kiss did not affect him, eh!

Fine, no problem. Now, we will see who will resist whom and who will admit out loud his reactions.  

Her ego had been badly hurt. There she was behaving like a pile of slushy while he stood tall and arrogant as ever, showing no indication of anything that had happened between them.

But no more. Radhika dressed herself in her mid thigh skirt and ruffled up low cut purple blouse and vowed to stun someone today.

She looked at the mirror and nodded her head, she owed that to herself.

………………

Radhika Verma finished studying and making external notes on Arjun Khanna’s proposal. She sighed as she shut her computer and arranged her pencils horizontally right next to her legal pad.

"I need the Oil Producer’s file the one that I asked you to get from the archives," she told Seema, her assistant who had just rushed into the office.

"In your top tray, I love your skirt and the hint of cleavage in that ‘I want sex’ blouse, seems the new client is a hottie," Seema said.

"I don’t want sex and here," Radhika plunked down a steaming cup of tea before her," A peace offering and the new client is none of your business."

“Why thank you,” Seema appreciated her boss’s gesture. She knew her boss could be ornery but she nevertheless loved her. Radhika was more a friend to her, these rough moments were few and she was thankful for it.

"Because I knew you'd save my behind, even though you disapprove of my behavior."

Seema grinned at her and shamelessly nodded her head, "That’s right."

The phone rang. 

Radhika raised her eyebrows," The phone, Seema?"

Sweet Surrender (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें