He knew the woman he would love must be a woman whom he could trust implicitly and definitely not someone like Radhika.

She was merely a woman he had once loved. Loved? Yes, because he was a young teen who had believed in true love and look what did that get him. He was a fool, taking her innocence and virtuousness at face value. That was then, now he was no longer a teen but an adult, no longer willing to succumb to those childhood fantasies. He would have to extinguish this flame of desire that burned continuously in him.

Was love even important in life?

Right now, he did not care. He did not have the time or the will to care.

Sooner or later, he’d figure out what was really important in life. With or without her help, it just didn’t matter.

………………………………………………………….

By the next morning, things had become much clearer for Radhika, she was happy she’d gone after what she wanted. She had no regrets about that impulsive kiss, about her kissing him back. She probably should have done it a long time ago, but no going back. From now on, she was only looking forward.

Looking and moving forward.

This was pure lust and she would get it out of her system and then there would be nothing between him and her. That’s it. She would finish this last thread of ‘whatever’ that was hanging between them and free herself from his obnoxious control.

As she sat in his car, she had tried to stir up her ego and feel hurt by his nonchalance attitude towards the kiss. But as hard as she had tried, she couldn’t resist turning her head to look at him, imprinting his image in her mind. The open neck, the straight line of his collarbone, that hard chest; all called her to touch them, touch him.

She shook her head as she fluffed her pillows, at one point in her life; he had been her idol, her inspiration. And she would be lying if she said she wasn’t impressed with his humanitarian gesture with respect to his project. She had known, he would do well and caring about people when he still had the power to run it all for himself and earn profits made her smile.

Assassination bid, no doubt a possibility. But, she was sure he could hire enough guards and manage rightful intelligence to thwart any plans. Then, why did he need her?

Whatever may be the reason, he still made her heart skip that beat and….

Stop it! She exhorted herself desperately. She was suddenly afraid of her own wild imagination, her lack of ego. How could she forget how he had behaved when they had reached her house?

He had stopped his car at the designated place and jumped out to open the door for her. As she passed through the door, Arjun had accidently brushed his hand against hers. She had felt as if an electric shock had passed through her.