3

"Uh, T-Troye Sivan. I'm the new student from Australia."
I stood nervously at the window to the main room on the front office at my new school. The lady I approached seemed really nice, her name was Brooke. She looked around mid-thirties. Not going to lie, she was attractive with her short blonde hair and big blue eyes.
Not that I would ever get with her, or any other girl really.

   "Oh yes, Troye. First up you have social studies. You're in class 11b, actually I think you may know one of your classmates from what I saw this morning. You and Mr Franta are in the same class for every subject besides art, he doesn't participate in Art. He walks around and picks up rubbish instead."
Brooke smiled and handed me a late note, a small yellow piece of paper with the statement;

'Troye Sivan of class 11b has arrived late as he had to go to class via the office, due to this being his first day'

I left the office with my head down, there were other people still walking around getting to class and I felt so alone, there were people everywhere. This one boy seemed quite nice though, he smiled as he saw me looking around obviously lost.

   "Lost I presume?"
He giggled and crossed his arms, he looked me up and down.
   "Wait a minute are you Troye Sivan, the new boy from Australia?"

I smiled and nodded. I took a step back still looking around for the building labeled 'block 18'. The American took a step closer and laughed.

   "Social studies aye, just walk past the hall and take a left, then you'll see block 18. Class 11b is in the third room, class 11k is in the firsts room. Oh and I'm Tyler."

The bubbly American  ran off to his class, he was with a group of people who looked extremely friendly. But the only thing going through my mind was the thought of me needing to make new friends.

I arrived at social studies and handed my teacher a note. I looked around and realised there was only one spare seat, and it just so happened to be next to the American I had met earlier, Connor. He sat still with his head down and was sketching in his book, as I approached he moved over and took all of his stuff with him.

   "Connor, it's me. Troye. I'm the new Australia boy you met earlier."

Connor glanced at me for a second and told me today was a short day. Only 3 periods today as most of the school had religion then sport. I was quite excited knowing my first day was only a short one, it helped relieve my nerves and stress level.

   "So class today is a partner study. You will be working with the person next to you. You will have to spend time over the next week visiting different public places observing different situations. You may also spend a day at home and explain how different that makes you feel compared to being out in public, and I want it to be your opinion."
Ms. Robinson explained and wrote a few notes on the board.

Connor stood up and walked to the front of the room and he needed a tissue. When he stood from his seat, I smiled. I watched the way he walled, the way he looked around. The more I looked at him the more attractive he got. His gorgeous stuffed up brown hair, his glistening green eyes.

   "Want to come over this afternoon, ugh we could go to the shops a-and observe how everyone behaves when shopping."
I let these words slip from my mouth before really taking the time to think about them. I his my face behind my bag which was positioned right next to me on the table.

   "Yeah sure, sounds great."

*time skip*

   "Well they seem very excited."
I pointed over to a couple of teenage girls entering the shopping centre.

   "And he seem extremely un-impressed."
Connor nodded his head towards a man who was being pulled along by a female partner.

   "But look at him, he's loving it. Of course he is who doesn't love shopping. Just because he's a guy society will judge him for enjoying himself, I mean I adore shopping."
I sighed as we watched a fairly attractive male walk around the clothing racks out the front of a shop.

   "Oh hey so do I!"
Connor smiled and nudged me with his shoulder.

I stood up and held my hand out to help Connor up.

   "Should probably head home now."
We walked for about five minutes in complete silence until we reached my house. We headed upstairs to get Connors stuff for him to head home.

   "Bye Connor."
I reached my arms out for a hug, hoping he wouldn't judge.

   "Bye Troye."
Connor hugged me back and let me go allowing me to sit back down on my bed. He leaned over and very quickly kissed me on the cheek, it left a sensational tingly feeling on my cheek. He rushed out if my room and down the stairs, the front door was opened and closed in no time.