"Beautiful weather today, isn't it?"

She furrows her brow at me and gives me a look of 'are you serious?!'.

"Not very talkative, I see." I rub my chin and stare down at her.

She takes a deep breath and puts her hands on her hips. Uh oh! As a man you learn one thing real fast: if a woman ever puts her hands on her hips and gives you that "don't fuck with me" look, you're in trouble.

"Here's the deal. You're not as unbelievably attractive as you think you are. Everyone in this place might act like they like you, but the thing is, they really don't. So get off your high horse and leave me the fuck alone. I don't need your drama. I don't want you following me around and I don't need you making fun of me either. I get it, I stepped on your ego. I'm sorry." She finishes, breathing heavily, her face has taken on a slight red tinge.

Before I can answer, she twists around and runs off to her next class. I just stand there, completely stunned.

At lunch, I'm still not back to normal but nobody seems to notice or care. Everyone is wrapped up in their own business while I sip on my water, looking around the cafeteria.

"Are you even listening?".Leena suddenly appears in front of me. When has she joined us? Was she here the whole time?

"Uh, yeah, sure... whatever."

"What's wrong with you today, dude? You've been acting weird all day." Brice pipes up.

"I don't know. I'm just out of it today-"

"Clear case of... Seth needs to get laid." Cole throws in, making everyone laugh.

"Whatever." I snap and everyone stops laughing in an instant. I feel their eyes on me.

"Fuck it." I get up and walk out of the cafeteria, ignoring Brice's calls. Yes, he is my best friend but a dude needs space some times.

The hallways are empty at this time. Everyone is either having lunch outside, enjoying the last sunny days, or in the cafeteria, chatting it up with their friends. So I just storm through there, looking at the ground, my hands in my pockets.

Suddenly someone runs into me and I send them flying back into the lockers. They crash down, full force, crying out in pain.

A girl, great.

"Shit." She curses, holding onto her elbow. "What have I done to you?!"

I take a look at the girl and curse myself inwardly. Arya. Of course!

You couldn't make this up! I swear it's some sort of setup!

"Karma really is a bitch." I mutter and crouch down to look at her bleeding elbow but she quickly pulls it away from my view.

"Just piss off, will you!? Leave me alone." She pushes herself off the ground and starts walking off again but I can't just let her go this time.

"Wait!"

To my surprise, she stops walking and turns around to look... not at me but behind me. I turn around to see Leena stalking towards me in her high heels, looking all of the bitch that she truly is. Turning back to Arya, I notice the look of distress on her face.

"Hey, babe, I thought we could talk about..." Leena starts, pushing herself against my chest but then...

"Ew! What is that doing here?" She spits venomously in Arya's direction. "What are you looking at, fatty?! Oh, I know. You have a crush on Seth, don't you?"

Arya just stands there, looking shell-shocked and like she's about to cry when Leena peels herself off me and comes charging towards her like a savage boar.

Why am I not doing anything!?

This annoys me. Leena bullying Arya seems wrong. It sounds so incredibly fucked up but somehow I feel like I am the only one allowed to do it. Looking at Leena, sneering down at Arya makes me sick to my stomach.

"I thought I made it clear. Nobody wants you here. Nobody will ever like you! Look at yourself! You're a sad excuse of a girl. Your parents must be so ashamed." Arya's facial expression goes from humiliated to dangerous.

For a split second I am convinced she is going to beat up Leena.

"Why don't you just go back to where you came from, you cow?" Leena fills the silence with another insult.

"Gladly." Arya spits and finally walks off. I am somewhat relieved and stunned at the same time.

Leena walks back to me, a victorious grin on her face. "Gosh, that girl is so annoying."

She leans in to kiss me but I pull away in the last second.

"I don't know if you need a hearing aid, but I said we're over. Through. Done. Broken up." I roll my eyes at her stunned face, her mouth forming an O and her eyes almost twice the normal size.

"Don't even think about calling me. Don't think about me at all! Get a new boy toy." I call angrily and run outside of the school building.

As soon as I walk through the school doors, the bell rings, signaling that lunch is over and students should make their way to their next classes. Instead of doing so, I jog through the crowd of people until I see her. She's holding onto her elbow, still, and talking on the phone at the same time. I'm not close enough to hear what she's saying, so I creep up behind her.

"I don't know the way home, though..." She's crying.

I should feel good about this. This is what I wanted, right? Just a day ago I would have relished in her whimpering cries but now...

"Sam... Hmm, okay... Fine. No! Don't call the principle. I'll just go to the nurse or something... Fine. Bye." She hangs up the phone and pushes it into her bag.

Instead of turning around and making her way to the nurse, she slumps down on the ground, putting her face in her hands. I can tell people are looking at her and probably at me as well.

I hesitate for a moment but sit down next to her nonetheless.

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself: What would Paulina do? And Paulina would definitely help Arya.

"What do you want?" Arya says in a small voice. She sounds exhausted.

"Do you want me to drive you home?"

"Ha..." Her laugh is humorless. "Didn't I tell you to piss off?"

I look at her in disbelieve. "I'm trying to be nice here."

"Nice?!" When she turns to face me, still cradling her hurt arm, her dark eyes shine with tears. "That word doesn't even exist in your vocabulary, Smith. You're just another jerk, trying to make my life miserable. I told you, I know guys like you... I just want you to leave me alone. Can you please do that?"

She almost sounds like she is pleading with me and something inside me wants to scream at her.

"You know what?" I jump up. "If I'm an ass to you, you hate me and if I'm nice to you, you also hate me. There's really nothing I can do, is there?"

"Yes, there is! Just ignore me!"

"What if I can't?!"

Did I really just say that?!!?

*****
A/N I know this seems rushed but this was pretty much just one of Seth's outbursts. He's not suddenly going to turn nice ;) don't worry about that. It's going to take a long, long, long time for him to turn nice mwahahhaa