Poppy goes right back to devouring her oatmeal and I take a bite out of my toast.

My eyes land on my watch. "Sh---enanigans." I stop myself before I curse and run out of the kitchen and into my room.

I'm late!

I quickly pull a random shirt over my head and slip into a pare of jeans, grab my backpack and car keys and run back downstairs. That must have been record time!

"Sorry, Poppy, you need to ask Lilly to drive you to school today. I'm late." I kiss her forehead, trying not to look at her puppy-dog-eyes and pout, that she has perfected.

I run out of the front door, leaving her behind. I know how much she hates it when I don't take her to preschool but right now, I can not afford to get another detention!

I'm pretty sure I conquer the way to school by constantly driving over the speed limit. It is definitely worth it though because as I am now running towards my class the bell hasn't even gone off! Which means, no detention for Seth today! (Not yet anyway...)

Go me!

Bursting into Ms Crones classroom, I realize that she's not even there yet herself. I'm greeted by some of my friends that are also in this calculus class with me and I nod at them briefly, before sitting down in my usual seat - next to Arya.

"Good morning." A smirk forms on my face and she just turns away from me, staring straight ahead.

My good mood turning sour, I repeat myself. "I said, good morning."

Again, she ignores me.

"Where have your manners gone?"

"Down the drain, along with your brains." She mutters under her breath, yet loud and clear enough for me to hear.

I snicker at her attempt to sound mean and lean back in my seat, taking a good look at her. Her clothes are different. She's not wearing those tight, slutty clothes anymore...

Why am I noticing this?!

"Alright class, I'm your substitute for today..." A female teacher walks into the classroom and someone wolf-whistles.

How desperate can you get?

The sub insists on going over previously learned stuff for the whole of forty-five minutes before she lets us go. I find myself incapable of concentrating as I keep looking over to Arya. I can't shake the feeling that something is off...

"Seth! Where were you this morning?" Brice comes up behind me and slaps me on the back.

"Paulina kept me busy." I mutter.

"Everything okay with her?" He stops walking and grabs onto my shoulder, making me stop as well. "Talk to me, Seth. If something is wrong, get it out of your system... We can't afford drama. You can't afford that. You're the cap--"

"Captain of the soccer team, I know that! Can you just leave it?!" I snap.

Brice glares at me, throws his hands up and stalks off into a different direction. Fucking drama queen. I know he means well but he should know by now that school is the last place I would want to talk about my sister.

Trying to forget everything, I make my way to my next class. Erasing everything from my mind turns out to be harder than I think, though. What's wrong with me today? All kinds of thoughts are fucking about in my head!

"HEY!" I call when I spot Arya again.

Just then the bell rings but I ignore it and jog after her, putting my hand on her shoulder. She immediately shrugs it off, making me grin.