Awkward

The sun was scorching hot today, making the bottoms of your feet burn as they slapped against the sidewalk. If it weren't for the cool water of the pool all of them would have been inside with air conditioning.

Normally a certain person would be inside anyways but there was something he needed to do. Something he had been putting of for a while.

Telling Annabeth Chase about his feelings.

And he was nervous. He had no chance at all compared to all of the other guys in their grade. But the thing was, was that she had turned them all down, saying that there was someone else she liked.

That was the only thing giving him the courage to ask her on a date. That and that he was the only boy left in their grade who hadn't asked her out.

So that's why, instead of being inside his icy cold house with Netflix, he was at a pool party.

Percy had never been to a party of any kind ever before. He was the type of person that liked to stay home alone then be out socializing.

But he knew that she would be here because being the creepy person he was, he had overheard her say she was coming when he was watching her a few weeks ago. Yes, I know, very creepy.

He was already sweating along with everyone else who was out in the sun and he had only been there for five minutes. Five turned to ten, and then he finally found her.

She was wearing a black bikini, colorful stripes lined the top. The string that held it up were yellow. She looked gorgeous.

He smiled and continued to walk towards her. She was standing by her friends Piper, Hazel.

"Excuse me? Can I talk to Annabeth?" He ask them nervously.

"Sure," they both say at the same time, rather quickly too. He look back at Annabeth and see that she's blushing. He smiles at that.

"Hello Percy," she says shyly.

"Hello Annabeth," He say and pause to take a deep breath. "I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to, I don't know, maybe go, may-" He ask, starting to stutter, but she cuts me off.

"Yes Percy, I would love to go on a date with you." She smiles. He blushes on the outside but on the inside he's exploding with happiness.

I wrote this while I was half asleep so this wasn't the greatest but it didn't turn completely horrible I think😂😂