Chapter 4

It was dinner time, and I was not looking forwards to going at all.

Ryan, my kids, and I were all requested to sit at the Alpha's table. And if my memory is correct Daxton's parents, friends, cousins,Third in Command, and Beta will all be there. People I once saw as my own family.

I switched my kids into different clothes. Garrett into a light blue onesie with little elephants on it, and some little matching socks. Reagan wanted to be independent and pick out her outfit though. So she chose a nice, warm, grey sweater with some tights and pink sparkly boots. I think she did a good job.

I stayed in the same clothes as when I got off the plane. A Philadelphia Flyers shirt with some sweatpants. I wasn't trying to impress anyone there.

To me, these people let Daxton kick me out and let him for this mystery girl that stole him from me. They didn't stop him, they didn't come to warn me, they didn't even so much as be there when it happened. They were cowards in my eyes.

I was walking with Garrett in my arms and Reagan by my side. I knew where the dining room was so I arrived fairly fast. I hope someone helps Ryan get here though. The pack house is huge, and you can easily get lost in it.

We entered the room, and all eyes were on us.

The dining room is a humongous room that almost has the look of a cafeteria, just fancier. Or like in Harry Potter, it's almost like that. With out the magic. But we had a head table which was called the Alpha's table, and we had four long tables that stretched towards the way back. Most wolves came and ate here at the pack house, but some just ate at their own homes. They're not forced to eat here.

I don't know exactly why, but most of the wolves who were already there stood up and bowed towards us. This doesn't really happen to me, even when I was their Luna. If I ever spoke to them, they bowed, but not when I entered a room.

I ignore them and continue to walk towards the Alpha's table. I can disregard their stares, but poor Reagan was cowering behind me, shy as ever. Garrett I guess didn't care because he was just gurgling and chewing my hair.

There were two seats for us and a high chair. We were directly at the right hand of Daxton. Little ásshole didn't even have a chair set aside for Ryan.

We went over and sat down, me placing Garrett in the high chair. "We need an extra chair for Ryan," I tell Daxton, giving him a glare.

He calmly replies, "There's a chair at the end of the table meant for him."

I chock an eyebrow, ready to snap at him. But Reagan speaks up, "I wanna sit by Daddy, Mommy."

Daxton's eye lighten up, almost glowing with happiness. But that was until Ryan entered the room and Reagan jumped down from her seat and ran towards him. "Daddy!"

The whole dining room went silent, everyone sending their angry looks towards Ryan.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Ryan lifts her up, carrying her over towards us.

She cuddles into his neck, mumbling, "I just wanna sit in your lap."

Daxton growls lowly, "Does she even know about me?" I know it was directed towards me. Even if his stare was on my fiancé and daughter.

"No, she doesn't. I actually didn't expect to ever see you again, so I didn't think it was necessary."

"She's mine. She should know about me."

"Why would I want my daughter to meet the man that kicked her mom and her out of their home for apparently another girl. I didn't even do anything for you to do that to us, yet you still did," I counter.

His glare hardens at Ryan. He doesn't say anything back though. Our heated banter ends.

Good.

Ryan carries Reagan over to where I'm at, sitting in the chair not meant for him but for her. From the little smirk I see, I'm assuming he knows he wasn't supposed to be there.

"Hello my beloved-"

Ryan's greeting is cut short by Daxton, "She is not your beloved. She's mine. My mate, not yours," his voice was deathly low, "Why can't you find your own mate, and let me try to repair my relationship with Ella? Don't you understand that werewolves and vampires aren't meant to be together?"

"Can't you see? Ella loves me now, not you. We have a family together. Get that through your head," he responds.

Daxton abruptly stands up, slamming his palms on the table. Startling my baby and scaring my daughter; they both start to tear up.

"No! Mr.Vermont, all I see is that you took my second child. That boy could have been mine! But you had to get your disgusting hands on her. Ella was and still is the only woman I see for me. I will always love her. The Moon Goddess' beauty and kindness doesn't even compare to Ella's, because she is the most perfect lady in the world."

He was facing Ryan, yet his words seemed like they were directed at me. What Daxton was saying really hit home. The bond I thought I had broken almost feels awaken. My wolf acknowledged his words and is now up and alert.

Daxton was about to speak again when a bumbling she-wolf, pranced herself over to him. "Daxton, Honey, why is she here?" Her sweet tone and her rude words didn't mix well and gave off the appearance of her being fake.

That's when I saw it though. Right as my eyes landed on it, my wolf just gave up. She gave up on the chance of Daxton and I ever being together again. Even though my wolf and I both love Ryan, she's always had occasional thoughts of Daxton on her mind. But now, my wolf doesn't seem to think of him as our ex-mate; she seems like she's seeing him as a stranger. A nobody to our life.

Because on that girl's finger was a ring.

A large diamond ring might I add.

On her left hand too.

Ha, and he said that I was 'the only woman' for him. All of it is a joke.

Ryan instantly jumped on the opportunity to get Daxton back.

He chuckles lightly, "Ha, 'the only woman I see for me'. That's rubbish. It seems you've got a wife, yet you're confessing your 'love' for my fiancé? This is a joke you're pulling. It has to be for you be to acting so stupid."

Reagan whispers in my ear silently, "That's a bad word." I quietly giggle.

I've been rocking Garrett back and forth for some time now, but the boy doesn't seem to calm down. He's kicking his legs and moving around so much.

"Kailey is not my wife, we're simply engaged for business. Nothing more. It's comical that you'd think I'd stoop so low as to be married to her."

The girl gasps an get's away from Daxton. "Why would you say something about me like that?!"

I get up, nodding for Ryan to do the same. "I'm sorry, but we'll be heading back to our rooms now. I don't want my kids here anymore. From now on our food will be sent to our room."

I walk away from everyone, with my fiancé in tow carrying Reagan.

Goddess, what a dinner this turned out to be.