Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

He grabbed my backpack out of my loose grasp and held it in his to stop me from packing up my things. Scott's concerned face made me want to leave even faster.

        "Scott... nothing's wrong," I spoke as I reached for my backpack, "I'm just not in the mood, okay." He pulled the backpack away from me.

Curse for him being so much taller then me. Stupid height restrictions.

        "That's a bunch of bull." That's another thing about Scott, he never has a problem with speaking whatever's on his mind because he has the muscles to back himself up. "Why are you leaving?"

         "I told you why," I murmured through gritted teeth.

        "No, you lied." That's true. "And now I want the truth." And that's not happening. If I told him the truth then I'd just look like a lovesick idiot. I refused to ever look like that over a guy.

Even for Colton Knight. I would never look foolish for Colton Knight.

        "Fine, don't tell me." He said so coldly that I practically freeze. "But... whatever or whoever you're running away from.... may get the wrong message if you do." He shoved my backpack back into my hands and then stalked off down the hallway.

I knew his words had a double meaning. And I guess Scott knew about Colton and our distance from each other. He probably knew about the kiss too. Hell, he's Colton's best friend! Scott probably knows every-fucking-thing!

I haven't even seen Serena today. Normally, we meet in the hallways between periods but she's yet to be seen. Even though I'm barely looking for her in the first place.

How about you just leave now?

What a great idea since I've been staring at the inside of my locker for what felt like an eternity. I'm probably creeping people out right now.

Just when the bell rang, and the hallway's left completely empty, I make my way to the exit of school and rush out the doors onto to crash into a brown hair, tall boy... Colton.

I composed myself from my stumbling and he stood in front of me, a bit awkwardly.

Is this really the way things are going to be?

        "Sorry," I mumbled, discouragingly and moved around him to continue off the school grounds and towards my car.

I can only assume that he'll ignore me like he did earlier today, just walk back into school from wherever he came from. But he doesn't. He called after me and I stopped in my tracks to turn back around.

        "We need to talk." Of course we do. "Right now."

Colton wanted to talk to me right now. Probably to tell me that he no longer has any feelings towards me and thinks that I should move on before I confuse myself an unhealthy amount. That has to be what he's going to say.

        "Adrianna..." I felt his fingers ever so slowly graze my cheek and instantly the blood in my body flows faster. My eyes dropped shut for a second, I open them to see Colton standing right in front of me.

I should probably pay attention a bit more.

Just shut up, Adrianna.

 Now, I know this is going to go against my morals of being a strong, proud woman. I just think that it's a necessary thing to do for whatever reason, I'm not sure.

        "I'm sorry," I blurted out, unexpectedly. I don't know what exactly I'm apologizing for but I'm just going to say it anyways. "Whatever I did to you for you to ignore me today --- I'm sorry." Colton's face fell a bit, "Seriously Colton, I'm sor--"