•Chapter Ten•

Start from the beginning

"I'm guessing you're not talking about the daisies anymore." Tobias says and I laugh.

"Sorry."

"No need to apologise." He say showing his gorgeous smile to me.

I smile back and a blush creeps up on my face without my permission. I look down hoping he didn't notice the red in my cheeks but he grabs my chin with his thumb and forefinger and pulls it gently back up to his glance.

At some point we became very close and I didn't realise. If possible my cheeks became hotter.

"So Beautiful." He mumbles so quiet I don't think I was supposed to hear it. But I heard it loud and clear. He takes a bit of my blonde hair that fell across my face pushed it behind my ear, but his hand stays on my face and I find myself leaning into his touch.

We stay in this position for a while. In silence until he speaks up.

"I suppose....if we were quick...we could grab some daisies from the gardens."

I beam. I launch into his arms. "Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squeal.

I jump up and run to the gardens but he grabs my arm.

"We have to be really careful okay?" He says seriously. "We get some daisies and get out okay?"

I nod and salute mockingly. He shakes his head at me but I see he's holding back a smile.

"Follow me," He instructs and I do.

We reach the gardens and squeal in delight. I rush forward and grab as many daisies as I can. Tobias joins me on the floor as we pick them.

"Look I've got loads, come on let's go," He says showing me all the daisies he's got.

"No, you need to get the ones with long stems." I say inspecting his daisies. "Or you can't thread them together."

"Well how was I supposed to know that?" He huffs which makes me giggle. "How's this one?" He asks showing me a daisy with a long stem like I said.

"That ones good." I answer.

"How about this one?" He asks holding another up.

"You don't have to ask me for every one you know!" I laugh. "Any of them with a long stem is good!"

"Well I didn't know that did I?" He defends. "Sorry Mrs-daisy-chain-expert!"

I laugh at him but suddenly his face goes from happy to worried and serious.

"Tris get down!" He shouts as an arrow comes flying down and he jumps on top of me. I scream and he grabs me and pulls me behind a tree.

"Shit. Shit. Shit!" He curses.

"What happened-"

"Tris, stay here and don't move until I say okay?" He orders.  He looks behind us and I see a figure coming towards us that doesn't look like a servant. "When I shout run, you run okay? As far as you can."

"I-"

"Do what I say or we'll both die." That shut me up.

Before I could stop him he jumped out of our hiding spot and ran at full pace to the black figure.

But the man saw him coming and pulled out his crossbow and shot him in the arm.  He falls to the ground holding his arm and the man stalks towards him. My hand shoots up to cover my mouth or I'm sure I would scream out.

I need to do something. Anything.

But then, Tobias jumps up ignoring the pain he must be feeling and punches him right in the face, sending him to the floor. The man was now groaning in pain as Tobias throws punch after punch at him.

Suddenly another two men jump out from the shadows and push Tobias down. He whips around a kicks one of them in the gut and the other in the jaw. He is now fighting three people at once and I'm just standing hopeless.

"TRIS! RUN! NOW!" He roars.

"Where!?" I scream back desperately.

My scream catches the attention of one of the men and he smirks at me before running towards me. But Tobias beats him to it and flips him to the ground.

"I DON'T CARE! JUST RUN ANHYWHERE TRIS!" He yells and I turn on my heels and start running franticly.

My chest burns as I run as far as I can, oblivious to my surroundings.

Without realising, I find myself at the castle gates. I see two of our guards knocked out. The people who attacked Tobias must've done it. 

"Why, hello Princess," I hear a deep voice say and I scream.

Without thinking, I run through the gates and into the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's getting intense everybody!

Leave me a comment if you enjoyed this chapter because reading them is my favourite thing in the world.

Thank you all for reading! I love you all <4