Part II : Chapter XXV

Start from the beginning

                       "Steve, what's going on?" I asked worriedly.

                       Steve grabbed my hand, leading me the opposite the way I was going. I trailed behind him, letting him guide me to wherever it was we were going. I didn’t bother to ask any more questions, even though I wanted to. I believe I’ve asked enough questions for today.

                         We walked through numerous corridors, sneaking our way discreetly as we passed by some Agents. My eyes burned into the back of Steve's head, wondering why we were being guarded about walking around. We finally came to a halt and Steve let go of his grip on me.

                          “Fury might be lying to us.” Steve answered at last. He then nodded his head towards the door to his side. I glanced at it and in big bold letters it read:

                         SECURE STORAGE.

                   Not wasting any time in an explanation, he leaned forward against it, his arms gripping the edges of it firmly while I watched, wondering if I should help or not. Steve let out a grunt and the door released a sound of its own, and he easily slid the door open. He turned around to glance around us cautiously.

                 “No one is behind us.” I assured. Steve nodded and we walked into the room together. “What are you looking for here, anyways?”

                       "Tony thinks Fury is hiding something about the tesseract from us."

                    "Oh." I mumbled, not knowing what to feel or how to react. Fury is hiding something about the tesseract from us? I really don't even know what to think anymore...

                    I stop walking and let my eyes wander around as Steve went on. The room was a lot bigger than I had imagined it could be. Although it was a big room, it lacked space and was overcrowded with heavy looking metal boxes. The boxes were carefully lined against the walls and each other. Straight ahead, was a narrow path that -from where we stood- seemed to only go forward.

                      Faint voices startled me and my head whipped towards the voices, as well as Steve's, and we saw two agents conversing amongst themselves, oblivious to us. Steve and I exchanged a wary glance, and even though I didn't have a clue of what led Steve to bring me here, I knew that it definitely was not to talk or be caught by S.H.I.E.LD.

                      Steve took a few steps back, paced himself, and ran jumping up in the progress. His hands reached out and gripped one of the rails from the upper level of the room and he carefully trailed his way up to the second floor. 

                        With one last glance at the absorbed agents, I followed after Steve.

**

                 “When I first came to Earth, Loki’s rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now, again.” Thor solemnly said, pity lacing into his voice. "In my youth, I courted war.”