Chapter 5 - Friends

Start from the beginning

The lesson passed slowly for Harry, as his thoughts were clouded by one perticular blonde Slytherin that he couldn't get out of his mind, no matter how hard he tried.

He thought of Draco and the way he had been at the start of the year, how he had forever hated him. But now Harry wasn't so sure. Had Draco always hated him? Was he just bored? Was this whole thing some kind of sick joke?

But somehow Harry knew it wasn't, he knew Malfoy was genuine, but couldn't seem to understand the fact that the blonde didn't actually hate his guts after all. If anything he was actually being civil towards Harry, and he just didn't understand any of it.

And what's more is that Harry was becoming more and more drawn to him. He was starting to notice things, things he would have most certainly never noticed before, and it was driving him insane.

The way Draco played with the feathers of his quill in potions, when copying down the ingredients. The way he always made sure his hair was perfect, however never used too much gel. And the way his eyes would always change colour whenever he was around Harry. And that was something that just intrigued Harry more.

Harry wanted to find out more about him. There was something pulling him in, and he couldn't escape.

Finally, the class was dismissed and Harry grabbed his bag, whilst Ron and Hermione did the same.

They walked along to the Gryffindor common room, talking about the second task.

"Harry, it's not too long before it starts! Have you figured out the clue yet?" Hermione asked Harry.

In truth, Harry hadn't of course. He was too preoccupied with everything else.. if that's what you would call it.

They had reached the portrait leading to the common room, and Ron spoke the password as Hermione continued;

"Harry, you must! This egg is the key to what you'll be facing in the next task! Who knows what it'll be?" Hermione looked at him, clearly annoyed and frustrated that Harry really didn't seem to care all that much.

"You could die! Have you even thought about that? What if that happens, hm? What will happen then? All because you didn't figure out some stupid clue to this stupid tournament that someone has so stupidly entered you into—"

"Hermione! Just be quiet, okay! Yes I get it, it's dangerous, and yes, for your information I have thought about the fact I could die, but I've honestly been a little busy at the moment, so would you please, please, stop going on about it!"

Harry was breathing heavily, as if he'd just run a marathon, his face was red and his fists were clenched.

Hermione was the same. She looked livid, but Harry could tell he'd hurt her feelings by looking at her eyes. But he didn't care, he wasn't thinking about her now. Everything was just so messed up, and he wanted to be alone.

Before he could let Hermione say anymore, he ran through the empty common room and bolted up the stairs. Hurling the door open, he ran to his trunk and dropped on his knees, rifling through it.

His hands found the cool material of his invisibility cloak which he bundled into his arms, and quickly left the dormitory, running back through the common room, as quickly as he had gone from it.

Ron and Hermione were both still there, mouths hanging open, at a loss for words.

Harry was about to leave through the portrait hole, when he heard Hermione call to him, aplologising. But he didn't stop, he didn't care, right now he needed to be alone. He was stressed out, and everything was becoming too much.