I don't want him to go, but he needs sleep.

"I've barely slept at all."

"Well then go take a quick nap."

He shook his head, "No, I'm okay right here with you."

His droopy eyes told me otherwise. I started to remember how tired I felt too. I stifled a yawn, "I think I'll take a nap too. So you can go ahead and go to sleep, and we can talk when we wake up."

"Okay," He said and before I could say anything, he went to the other side of the bed and climbed in.

I gave him room but he carefully pulled me to his side. I cuddled up to him and breathed in the smell of his shirt. I had missed the smell of him. Cologne with something woodsy, mmmm. It settled my frazzled nerves. 

It was hard to work around my bullet wound as I stifled little grunts of pain, but I settled down easily after I was wrapped up in Nathan's arms. Nathan kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too," I grinned, breathing out contently. Everything in my world was perfect at that very moment. I had the best sleep I've had in a long time.

-------------

Lyra-

I woke up with a little smile on my face. Damn that beeping thing though, it messed up my sleep. Nathan was still asleep beside me, one arm protectively wrapped around my waist but avoiding my wound.

Someone cleared their throat and I jumped, yelping in surprise when I saw dad sitting in a chair in the corner. Nathan sat bolt upright and looked around, putting an arm in front of me,  "What?!"

He relaxed a little when he saw dad and fell back on the pillows, mumbling to himself. I sighed and relaxed against Nathan's chest, "You scared me."

"Sorry. So, anything you feel like telling me?" Dad adjusted himself in his chair as he eyed us.

I squirmed a little uncomfortably under his gaze, "Daddy....I..."

How do you explain this exactly?

"It's my fault sir. She just couldn't resist my good looks. I'm too handsome for my own good," Nathan grinned and I giggled, smacking him lightly.

He kissed my temple with a chuckle.

"This is supposed to be serious," I chuckled.

"It's been serious for too long. And I've missed your laugh," Nathan murmured, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

I giggled again and my eyes flickered to dad. Ehh...kinda odd with him watching us. I pressed my lips together and tried to think of what to say.

"What do you want me to say?" I ended up mumbling.

"I dunno. Make it simple," Dad said sternly.

I shrugged, "I love him."

I could feel Nathan smile against my skin. Dad shifted his gaze from me to Nathan.

"The feelings mutual sir," Nathan grinned giddily.

Dads eyes softened and he gave Nathan a little smile, "You didn't let go of her for hours...You'll take care of her?"

I already knew the answer to that.

"Of course. I'd do anything for Jay," Nathan said quietly. I nearly melted at the genuine tone of his voice.

"Well that's evident..." Dad mumbled, looking at his hands.

There was a knock at the door and it cracked open. My mouth fell open when Ally stepped into the room. She squealed and ran over to me. I grinned as she threw her arms around me. I hugged her back tightly but hissed when pain radiated from my side.