A week passed by until he came to me and talked.

At this point I didn't really know anyone in the class except the girl that befriended me on the first day. We were choosing out partners for lab we had to perform. But the girl was already paired up with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend was a tall bulky person who was pretty smart and cute. Haha... not that I looked at him. I have a habit of judging guys without even looking at them... which is weird. But I guess it can't be helped that my personality doesn't match a normal girl's personality. 

The girl actually wanted to do the project with me but her boyfriend already called dibs on her... I'm starting to hate him already. 

"Yes?" I said a little awkwardly as he came up to me. I was thinking about which girl to be partnered up with. But honestly, there was a huge shortage of girls in the class and I got scared. What if this guy keeps me from getting in a group with girls. 

"Let's partner up..." He said, responding to my awkwardness in a low toned hoarse voice.

What should I do?? I still think he's a Jin! And he's a guy to begin with! I could feel my lips dry up as I took a peek at him. He had his hair dyed completely black. And he looked like he was a white and pure American. His eyes were hazel, the type that stands out like... Sheath's. He had a cute face which you could only see if you looked at him from close up. 

"Um... " I didn't know what to say. The teacher clapped her hands like an elementary teacher to get us quiet.

"It seems like we've all chosen our partners. So let's get working quick." She said....

"Sure... I guess." I said quietly. The problems a Muslimah faces... group work!

During our lab I would look up to look at the guy across from me and see his eyes directly at the experiement. I've never once caught him looking at me. But I was still a little confused. When I get the feeling that people are staring at me, then I'm usually right. 

"... Is there something on my face?" He asked. That shook me up. How did he know I was staring at him? How was he so sure? I looked away slowly, shaking my head like a puppy.

"What's your name?" I asked. Without looking up, he answered. It's not like I was trying to make conversation or something. I was actually a little curious. 

"Afsar." He answered. Wasn't that a Muslim name? He didn't look like one at all. I mean, not that I'm judging but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a revert, I nodded my head to that. It was actually a nice name. I wonder what it...

"It means lightening..." He said in his quiet hoarse voice. I looked up at him.

"Wait. I didn't even ask you about it yet..." I said a little shocked. That was one heck of a coincidence. 

He finally looked at me, and said, "Shouldn't you be lowering your gaze?" Wait... What? Then he turned to look at a table in front of him. "It's easy to read your face." 

When I went home that day, I didn't see him walking with me. When I turned a corner to enter my dorms, I saw him way ahead of me. When I sat down on my bed with my laptop doing an assignment, I was wondering how Sheath was doing... but then my thoughts turned directly to Afsar. I began to think what his life was like and how he was so quiet and everything. Aakifah came to my bed with a huge bag of chips.

"Did you pray Maghrib?" She asked. I nodded. I did but I was only nodding for the heck of it.

"Did you see that jinni today?" She asked. I nodded, lazily as I stuffed some chips into my mouth.

"Did you get to find out if he was stalking you or something?" I nodded. I seriously didn't know what she was asking but who cares, right?

"Did he catch a spell on you?" I nodded. The chips do taste awesome. I want more. I wonder if we have any Doritos left.

"Do you love him now?" I nodded half way, then I told Aakifah to slap me. 

"What's wrong with you?" She laughed.  

"I want to see Sheath..." I said under my breath.

"Then go. No ones stopping you. In a couple of years you'll have a family with him and you'll be living together too." 

Oh, right. I don't really get what Sheath wants after this.

Assalamualaykum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakaatuhu 

Nope... no editing. 

I'm really tired, and a lot of people have wanted an update. It took me at least a full week to write it and now.. I'm posting it up before my exams tomorrow. The new character that appears actually motivates me to write this now lol 

You might hate the new character but I'm sort of in love with him lol

LATE BUT KHAIR MUBARAK TO ALL OF YOU. 

Salaam!