All <3

WARNING: SOME PEOPLE MAY BE OFFENDED THAT IM SAYING THEIR LYRICS ARE DUMB, THERE ARE A FEW POP SONGS WITH AMAZING LYRICS DONT GET ME WRONG BUT NO HATE!!!

The other day my friend was saying that my music was dumb and that I should listen to pop music instead. I don't know why but I started getting really defensive and started rattling off the fact that Emo bands have such a bigger impact on people's lives than pop music, and they didn't believe me. I told them that MCR at one point in time decreased teen suicide levels by 89% and they still weren't having it. So I did a comparison of lyrics and this happened:

Rap: Nikki Minaj: you a stupid ho, you a stupid stupid ho.

Rock: Fall Out Boy: you are what you love, not who loves you.

Today's Hits: Jason Deurolo: But your booty don't need explaining, when, you, talk dirty to me.

Alternative: P!atD: Things have changed for me, and that's okay. I feel the same, I'm on my way. And I say – things have changed for me, and that's okay.

Pop: Omi: Do you need me? Do you think I'm pretty? Do I make you feel like cheating I'm like no, not really, cause oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader.

Emo: MCR: I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post-Punk: Green Day: Do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not worth dying for?

"Goth": Black Veil Brides: We are young, and we are strong, through strength in self we become, something more than the can be... I raise my heart and sing.

"Satanic": Pierce the Veil: You're just wasted and thinking about the past again. Darling, you'll be okay

See what I mean? A lot of Emo music holds so much more meaning - whether it's happy or sad - and it's so under appreciated and it makes me really mad.