A Bad Day Turned Around

"Ugh!" I slammed my laptop shut, shoved it in my bag. I then took a long sip from my pumpkin spice latte, which I forgot was still hot. My tongue and throat burned. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Well, you look like you're going to explode any moment."

I look up. A man in a beanie covering most of his dark hair in a gray shirt, black leather jacket, and black jeans and Converse was sitting across from me. Good Elton John, he was hot.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Brendon Urie. What's your name?"

"I'm... uhm..." I was distracted by his pink, plump lips.

"Nice to meet you, Uhm," he joked, his chocolately eyes sparkling with humour. So, what's got you down?"

"My name is Y/N, and my problems are stupid."

"Just tell me. I'm a good listener."

"But..."

"Trust me, you'll feel better."

I took a deep breath. "It all started last night, because I had a big project to work, and I was up 'til one. Then my alarm didn't go off this morning, making me an hour late to work. I didn't even get to have breakfast or shower. I had three meetings in a row, all of which were incredibly boring. The last meeting ran long, so I had literally five minutes to eat, and I barely got to finish half my bagel. I then had two more meetings, which also were really boring. For some reason, the last one ran long, too, so I, unfortunately, didn't beat the afternoon traffic like I usually do. When I got home, I showered, ate a stack of pancakes because I was starving, and then got to work on the project. I was so tired, I fell asleep at my computer, so that was a whole two hours I wasted sleeping. I came here because I figured that the noise would keep me awake. It is, but the Wifi sucks, so I can't do the research for my roject. And I just burned my mouth. Fuck my life."

"Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate."

"Yeah. If I could just take a vacation right now and leave all my problems behind, that'd be great, but I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because this entire goddamn month, I have at least three meetings every day and about two large projects due at the end of the week until next month. I would get fired, and I can't afford to lose this job."

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I wish I could help somehow."

"You're helping right now. Ranting to someone that'll actually listen is helping a shit ton."

"I told you so," Brendon smirked.

"Don't get too cocky, Mr. Urie."

"For your sake, I'll try not to."

"Thank you. So, what do you do? I feel like I've heard your name before..."

"Oh. I, uh, I'm the lead singer in Panic! At The Disco."

I snapped my fingers."My best friend talks about you all the time! She would flip if she knew I was at Starbucks with you."

"Don't tell her until after I leave. I can't deal with crazy fans right now. I had a concert last night, and that was more than enough craziness to last for now."

I laughed."But you enjoy it, right?"

"Definitely! I love my crazy fans, but I do need a break every so often, no offense to them. Look, I wish we could keep talking, but I have to get on a plane early tomorrow morning, so I'd better get going." Brendon pulled out a Sharpie and wrote something down on my napkin. "Good luck with everything!"

"You too, Brendon." I smiled.

He smiled back before leaving Starbucks. I read the napkin.

Y/N, my dear, it was a pleasure to talk to you. I hope everything works out. Maybe we can hang out when you're not busy? And while you are, we could at least keep in touch. Here's my number: ***-***-****. Love, Brendon.

Aw, I thought to myself. He said Love, Brendon.

A/N: Sorry that was so shitty.