"Yes, lad," Haimont questions back.

"Would you mind me heading into to town and buying some clothes for my stay along with my own blacksmithing apron?"

"No, I don't mind at all. Just make sure you make atleast one sword today."

"Yes sir."
Everyone finishes eating. After helping clean, Jaren heads outside. On his way to the tailor Jaren bumps into Sirena. Sirena says, "We meet again."

"Aye, that we have. Where are you off to on this lovely day," Jaren asked.

"Just walking around. I've nothing to do."

"Well, that just won't do. Why not accompany me while I go see Mark?"

"Who is that? Still sort of new here."

"Hahaha, Mark is the local tailor. I plan to stay in town for a week. I am Haimont the blacksmith's apprentice. And, at the moment my house is a bit too far away."

"Well, yes I would love to go with you. But, may I ask where you live?"

"Malandaria."

"The Malandaria? Where no one has ever returned?"

"Guess that myth isn't true. I visit town quite often."

"I guess it isn't."

Jaren and Sirena head off to the tailor. Once they are at "Mark's Clothing" Jaren holds the door open for Sirena. Mark welcomes the two of them, "Hello, what can I do for you today Jaren. And, who is this lovely lady?"

In her usual seductive voice Sirena responds "I'm Sirena. I'm fairly new in town."

Jaren interjects saying, "Yeah, I need a few things and asked her if she would tag along."

Mark playfully says, "Ah, is that all," then winks.

Jaren laughs and says "Yes Mark, but I do need a blacksmith apron and clothes for the week. Decided to stay with Haimont for the week"

"Okay, I can do that for you. Shouldn't cost more than twenty-five slinx."

"Here is your payment plus five as a tip. How long do you think it will take?"

"Eh, since I have made clothes for you many times shouldn't take, but maybe till noon. You can just come on back then."

Jaren and Sirena bid farewell. After they step out Jaren says to Sirena "Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I am a bit famished," she replies. The two then walk towards the bakery, where Jaren buys some bread, then walks to Harogar's. As they enter Harogar's out walks Harogar to welcome them then he sees Sirena. Harogar says loudly, "Oy, you caught you a nice one there. She is a pretty lady."

Both Jaren and Sirena laugh as they're embarrassed. Sirena says to Harogar, "No, I think I caught a nice one."

Embarrassed, Jaren doesn't know how to reply. Jaren asks Harogar, "So have any smoked beef?"

"Aye, lad I do. But, why haven't you thanked this beautiful lady for her nice words."

"I. Uh. Uh. Haha! Thank you Sirena."

"You're quite welcome," Sirena responds.

"Now that's more like it. Now, let me fetch you that beef," Harogar said before departing to the back. Harogar emerges with around three pounds of beef. "Here you are, I know you'll over pay me so give me seventy blix," Harogar directs to Jaren.

"Once again you know me too well my old friend," Jaren replies to Harogar. Then, after handing over the money Jaren and Sirena set off for the lake. Once there, they pull out the food and begin to eat.

Suddenly Sirena asks, "Do you really have enough money to just over pay people?"

"I also make them under pay me," Jaren says to Sirena, then takes a bite off his bread.

"You have that much money. So, how do you have it? How did you earn it," asked Sirena. She then eats a strip of beef.

"Malandaria. It supplies me with everything I need. I grow a garden and hunt for food. What ever else I kill goes to Harogar and the pelts go to Mark. They both paid me handsomely for the first two years. But, the last six years I haven't needed any money and I've just saved it all."

"There sure is more to you than meets the eye. Your posture makes you appear to be from a wealthy family. But, your eyes say you're kind and caring unlike the rich. Then, come to find out you are self made."

"I appreciate your kind words. It wasn't easy that's for sure."

"Why do you live in Malandaria? Are you alone out there?"

"Yep, I am alone. It's not something I usually talk about..."

"I understand if you don't want to tell me."

"No, no, no. It's not that I don't want to tell you. Just when I was eight, which was eight years ago, there was a raid on the town. My parents were some of the ones that died in the raid. I stayed maybe a week after the raid. A few days with Harogar and a few with Haimont. Both offered for me to stay, but it just didn't feel right. So, I ran off with my bow in hand into Malandaria."

"Oh, I am so sorry. That must have been detrimental to you."

"I have made due. What I don't understand is you. You're obviously very well educated. But, you don't seem to be that type. Like, you seem tougher than other women, but it's hidden. Your eyes don't lie."

"Well, I grew up with some tough men. They didn't treat me so well."

"The hand we are dealt, no matter how poor or how great, can make us stronger if we endure."

Sirena leans in and kisses Jaren on the cheek. "I'm glad you understand," she says and sits back down.

Jaren stands up and holds out his hand to Sirena.