8 • Honouring Allison

Lydia's pov:

The day had come... Allison's funeral. The day I've been dreading for weeks. Although I'm scared to read in front of an audience again, stiles has been helping me practice over the past few days.

Days earlier:

"And I know that my best friend, Allison Argent will forever live in my heart." I finished.

"Lydia! You did it!" Stiles exclaimed joyfully.

"I did!" I exclaimed back.

We jumped around like kids and I hopped into his arms.

"Thank you. I feel like I say that to you a lot." I laugh.

"Well, I guess I am your hero." He winks.

I roll my eyes and push his chest sarcastically. Even though he was kidding, he's right. Stiles Stilinski is my hero.

I pulled up in the woods and parked, remaining seated for a few minutes. As I sat in the car, gripping the eulogy in my sweaty palms, I looked down at my outfit. I wore a black knee length dress with a few small floral prints scattered across it. It was quite chilly and the service was being held outside, so I wore black tights with black suede boots and a black trench coat. I got out of the car and made my way over to the seats. I sat between Scott and Stiles and asked where Kira was. "She went back to New York for a while. She'll be back though." Scott informed me. Everyone went silent as the pastor stood in front, beginning the service.

~

"Now, 3 of Allison's best friends, Stiles, Scott and Lydia will speak." The pastor announced.

We all made our way over to the front. I placed a bouquet of lilies, her favourite, on the casket and smiled a little. I watched Scott kiss the casket just as I had with Aiden's a few days ago.

Stiles spoke first. "Allison was an amazing person. She was strong, funny and smart. I guess you could call our 'group' the 4 musketeers. We all supported each other through everything. And even though she's gone, we are still the 4 musketeers. Nothing will ever change that. Allison was like the big sister I never had and honestly, I loved her for it. She teased me but not in a hurtful way, more in a way where you're so comfortable with someone that it's acceptable to joke with them because at the end of the day  know they love you. All I hope is that Allison rests in peace. She deserves peace."

Next, Scott. "Allison was not only one of my best friends, but the first person I ever fell in love with. When she walked into a room, I couldn't even focus on anything but her. It may sound cheesy, but that's the only way to describe it. Our love story was extraordinary, I wouldn't change it for the world. I'll never forget her first day of school. She walked into the class and I swear my jaw dropped. From the moment I saw her, I knew something about her was special and over the past couple of years, she's changed all of our lives for the better. Without her, we probably wouldn't all be best friends. I am so grateful that I get to call Allison Argent my first love. I loved her yesterday, I love her today and I'll love her tomorrow. May she rest in peace."

My turn. I took a deep breath and tried to ignore the many faces staring up at me with tears in their eyes. I could hear Scott sobbing behind me along with Mr. Argent. "Allison was my sister. Not by blood, but by heart. We had this connection from the day we met that no one could deny. When we met, I hid who I really was behind a wall of arrogance, but that changed almost immediately because of her. I realized that you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are and that friendship is one of the most important bonds you could have. I am forever grateful to her for showing me that. A few days ago, I received a box of Allison's things from her father. In the box was a letter to me from her along with her favourite necklace. I've always loved it and she decided that I should have it. She requested that I wear it everyday so she's always with me. I love her and she will always be my best friend, even if she's not physically here. I know that she's watching over me all the time and I know that Allison Argent will forever live in my heart." I smiled, tugging at the chain of her necklace with my right hand.

~

After the funeral, Stiles calls my name as I walk to my car. "Lydia!"

I turn around and he smiles at me.

"You read so well today. I'm proud of you." He said.

"Thanks. I wouldn't of been able to do it without you. You've been so supportive through this whole thing." I replied.

And suddenly, I feel the warm sensation of his lips pressed against mine. I pull away in shock.

"I- I can't do this. I'm not ready." I stuttered.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Stiles, wait!" I called as he made his way back to his Jeep. No response, just the sound of leaves crunching under his feet.

Author's note:

Ouch. Poor Stiles. Sorry it's a little repetitive with the funerals. I have something dramatic coming up in the story, so hang in there!