chapter one

**Samantha's POV**

"Justin James!" I yelled while standing near the front door with Emaline in her car carrier. JJ had just gotten back from morning workouts but we had to leave to get to Emmi's 3 month checkup. She was getting so big already and I couldn't believe how fast time was flying by. 

"Ouch, full first name and middle name? You only use both my names for two reasons..either you're really happy with me," he said wagging his eyebrows at me, "or you're really pissed at me." 

"Yeah, well right now were late for her appointment- so take a guess at what I'm feeling right now." 

He took Emmi from my hands and carried her out to his truck. I have been a little snippy ever since she was born due to lack of sleep and my hormones still being out of whack and I give JJ credit for not fighting back with me when I try to pick fights with him. We drove in silence all the over there, I shut my eyes and was drifting off into a sleep before I felt a hand rub my thigh. 

"Babe, we're here." I heard JJ say softly, and I opened my eyes to see us sitting in the parking lot of the doctor's office. 

"Sorry, I didn't realize I fell asleep." I said rubbing my eyes. The truth is, I haven't had all that much sleep lately, Emaline is still having a hard time sleeping through the night- but definitely getting better with it. But since we're getting so close to the season and JJ has been working out and training so hard, it's all been left on me at night and while he's gone in the morning and evening. I either voluntarily get up in the night because I don't want him to mess up his training, or he simply does not wake up because he is just that tired. 

I can't complain, because he really is great with Emmi when he is around, she is definitely a daddy's girl. My anxiety is definitely rising the closer we get to leaving for Texas though since then he will really never be around and I also won't have his mom around to come help me out whenever I need it. But I won't worry about that now- I'm already freaking out since my baby is getting shots today that is going to kill me. 

JJ laid our little girl out on the table in the office while we waited for the doctor to come in. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him making silly faces at her causing her to laugh hysterically at them. My perfect little family- I could cry I was so happy in this moment. The doctor walked in and began examining Emmi, taking her measurements- height and weight. 

"Well, I can't say I'm surprised that your daughter's size for her age." she said looking specifically at JJ, "But she is definitely one of  the healthiest babies I have ever seen! Now dad, we might need you to hold her while we give her a couple shots. I find that dad's tend to handle to crying better than mom does." 

"I don't know about that one Doc, I can't stand to watch my little girl cry." JJ said. 

Another nurse came in to help with the shots and I tried to distract Emmi in any way I could, I sat next to her head, while she was cradled in JJ's arms. I sang some of her favorite songs, while waving one of her rattles above her face, but nothing could stop her from screaming out once that needle went into her little, chubby leg. I could feel tears forming in the back of my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away and smiled down at her. 

"It's okay Emmi Bear, daddy's here." JJ cooed in her ear, he rocked her gently back and forth in his big arms and she seemed to actually listen to him and managed to calm down. 

"All done!" the nurse said in a cheerful voice and I finally seemed to take a breath. "I know, I think it's harder for the parent's then the baby." She went on the explain how Emmi might run a low fever tonight and she might be uncomfortable for the next day or so because of the shots, but I couldn't stop watching my two love bugs together. 

We pulled up to the cabin and I saw Connie's car sitting out front- she must've came over here while we were at the doctors. We opened the door to the kitchen where we saw Connie blending something- an awful green color. She headed straight for Emmi once she saw us come into the kitchen. 

"How'd it go?" she asked while rocking Emaline in her arms. 

"Definitely harder for us." JJ said. 

"Well, I've got just the treat for you Emaline! Your daddy's favorite when he was a little boy. Fresh cucumber, peas and carrots from the garden." Connie whisked her away and set her in the high chair in the other room while JJ turned towards me and wrapped me up in a hug. 

"How's it going mama bear?" he asked while kissing the top of my head. 

I tightly wrapped my arms around him and gripped her t-shirt in my fists. "I miss you." I said while breathing in his scent. 

"You miss me? But I see you every day baby." he said with a slight chuckle.

"I mean, I miss the way things used to be. Don't get me wrong- I love Emaline with all my heart and I do not in any way regret having her. I just miss having alone time with you. It's only going to become more scarce once we get to Texas too. I'm a little scared." I said to him, and he looked down into my eyes. Emaline definitely got my big, round, blue eyes- but there was something in JJ's eyes that I would see in Emmi's and it made me smile. 

"Why don't we have my mom come over tomorrow and spend the day with her and you come with me. I know you've been saying you've wanted to go to the gym- well come with me to the gym tomorrow morning and we'll spend the day together after that. Just you and me." 

I couldn't help it, but I had to just make him sweat a little, "Are you implying that I need to workout Justin James?" I said putting my hands on my hips. "I mean, I did sort of just have a baby." I know myself, that I needed to workout. I was lucky enough to only put on about 25 pounds with my pregnancy and I've already lost about 15 of it.

JJ grabbed my face and looked panicked. "No, no, not at all babe! That's not what I'm saying- you just said last week you missed going to the gym!"

I couldn't hold my laugh in any more. "I'm joking J, relax. I would love to go with you." 

"But could you do me a favor?" he asked while picking me up and putting me on the counter. "Could you please try not to lose too much of these boobs you've got going on here? They're incredible." he exclaimed, not able to take his eyes off of them. 

I playfully shoved his head back, "Justin!" 

"What?! I love them!" 

"Well, enjoy them now because as soon as I stop feeding Emmi with them, they're just gonna go back to the way they were before I was pregnant." 

"In that case, let's go get you pregnant again!" 

I loved it when JJ was in this sort of flirty, playful mood. We haven't been like this since the baby was born and not even during my last month of pregnancy. I tried not to relay too much on family to help out with Emmi. I wouldn't leave her for more than 2 hours tops- but I realized, I did need a little break and I needed to spend time with my husband. Otherwise I would resent the fact that he works so hard to provide for our family, and I couldn't let that happen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{{Author's Note}}

So here's the first chapter in the sequel!! I'm not 100% happy with it, but hey- you gotta start somewhere right?! I definitely have some big ideas for this story so hopefully you all stick with it! 

Also, do any of you guys know how to make an awesome cover?? I struggled with this one, I might go back and try to play around with another one, but I was just curious. 

Thanks so much for reading...don't forget to share, vote and leave a comment on what you think of it! I really appreciate any sort of feedback!

S.