Fourteen

Ace ,

I sat on the bed contemplating on if I wanted to go through with this shit or not . Shanita been calling me non-stop for the last week . I been talking to Peyton but I wont tell that crazy bitch that . I know what yall probably thinking , Im a snake ass nigga right ?

Well Im a hit man for hire . You got the right price , the job is done . This crazy bitch was paying me 120,000 just to kill Peyton and her daughter if I had too . Never in my life have a seen a bitch so pressed . Sometimes , I don't understand some females and Im not even going to try .

Pzzzz . Pzzzz . Pzzzz .

My phone vibrated on the nightstand at the little condo I been staying at . I already fucked up when I brought Pey here . It was Shanita calling .

"Yeah ?" I answered , trying to get her off my back .

"Yeah ? Ace I've been calling you non stop for a week . You do remember our deal right ? A month at the max and its over ." She screamed , causing me to take the phone away from my ear .

"Yeah , I remember . Do you remember that your not even suppose to be calling me . I'll call you ." I hung the phone up and pulled on t-shirt . Peyton and I had a date to be getting too .

When I pulled up to the Ice Cream parlor , Peyton was already there . Sitting by herself , facing the small parking lot . I quickly parked and walked over .

"Wassup love ?" I asked , sitting next to her and giving her a half hug .

"Nothing much . How you ?" She smiled .

I liked her smile . A lot . If was bright and cute .

"Im good . Cant complain . I see you finally made time for a nigga ."

She chuckled then stood up , causing me to do the same .

After ordering our Ice Cream , her's a banana split and mines a simple Vanilla and Fudge waffle cone , we took our seat .

"Hows your daughter ?" I asked , not sure if I could do this shit .

"She fine . Still my little diva . I think her attitude is getting worse ." When speaking of her daughter , she smiled .

"That's nice ."

"So how's business?" She asked , placing a spoonful of Ice Cream in her mouth .

What business ? Is what I said in my head . "Its fine . Since the summer is almost ending the car wash is a little on the slow side ."

She nodded her head and for the rest of the date , we sat in silence mostly with a little conversation here or there .

Can I really do this ?

"Follow me . I want to show you something ." She told me .

We hopped into our cars and I pulled out after her . The drive was a short distance from the Parlor . We went from a nice residential neighborhood to the hood . A right , and a few lefts I noticed we were on a deserted road . I instantly got nervous . Did she know ? Was this a set up . I pulled the gun from under my seat and placed it in my lap . If this was I was going to be ready .

When she stopped , I quickly hit the brakes and parked .

Getting out , she motioned for me to come on . I placed the gun in the waistband of my jeans and followed her directions .

"What is this ?" I asked , looking around at the trees that surrounded us .

"C'mon , its just a little place I  like to come too ."