Eight

Peyton ,

As I stared at the contents that was placed in the envelope that I found in the mailbox I was lost for words. Pictures of Kay and an unknown female together, on dates, in public places and sitting in a pool together, hugging and kissing. My stomach dropped when I read the letter that read "Toldchu to watch your back ma,"

The pictures weren't recent because Kay has gotten a new tattoo on his face and in the pictures it wasn't the there. The tattoo has got to be almost a year old now. I quickly sent Toi a text telling her what was up. Her reply was she'll be here shortly.

As I examined the pictures, my mind began racing.

How could he?

Is this shit serious?

When could this had taken place?

I just couldn't grasp the reality of things.

Kaylan wouldn't do nothing like this. Right?

I must of been too deep in my thoughts because I didn't notice that Toi was here until I heard her practically yell , "What the hell is this?" while examining the pics just like I did.

"Toi, I cant believe this shit. I should've known something fishy was going on when I received this anonymous call at work from some bitch! Why didn't I take heed then? Im so fucking stupid!"

"No your not Pey. Don't plan yourself. Its this niggas fault. He knew what the hell he was doing. Smiling all in this bitch face. Where his ass at anyway?"

"I think he's at the Car Wash. He said something about him and Shawn meeting up to handle something later."

"Then whatchu waiting on baby. We got some damn cleaning to do!"

When I looked up at her I couldn't do shit but laugh, but she was absolutely right. He had to go.

I stood up, straightened out my face, fingered my hair and proceeded upstairs, to get this niggas shit together.

3 hours later ,

"All done." I smiled at Toi, after we finally had all 12 suit cases filled with most of Kay's things waiting at the door.

We walked into the kitchen and poured us 2 shots each of Patron. My nerves was all over the place.

"I didn't ask you earlier but Pey, I know you love Kay. You two are married and have a child together. Are you sure your ready for you two to be over?" Toi asked, pouring another shot.

"Yes. Toi Im ready for us to be over. I thought we were over this whole cheating shit. I guess not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. And I'd be damn if I play anyone's fool. He deceived me for the second time. Im not going for a third."

As soon as I finished my sentence, the front door slammed.

"What the fuck?" We heard Kay yell.

"Who's leaving?" Shawn joked behind him.

"I don't know." Kay said.

"Aye Peyton!" Kay yelled.

Toi and I slowly emerged from the kitchen. I stared at him with so much disgust in my eyes.

"Where you going? And with all these bags?" He asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Im not going anywhere, but your lying ass is."

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Kaylan where not going to play this game. Im too damn old to be playing games. I said that your leaving. I was kind enough to get your shit together for you. All you need to do is strat grabbing them."