Seven

Peyton ,

As Keyshia Coles "Sent from heaven" blasted thru the speakers, I sipped the strong Remy and let the song relax me.

"I wanna be the one who you believe in your heart is sent from, sent from heaven . . .

theres a piece of me who leaves when your gone because your sent from, sent from heaven"

I softly sung, taking in a deep breath and slowly releasing it.

I looked over at the clock and realized I've been in the tub for almost 40 minutes. I sat the glass down and washed my body before stepping out the warm addictive bath.

I opted out on drying off with a towel and decided to air dry.

I walked to the opposite side of the room, into the walk-in closet and grabbed a simple red dress. The dress was sleeveless and had a deep sweetheart neckline and a long side spilt.

A friend of Kay's was throwing a private formal party and we were attending.

When all the water beads were dried, I creamed my skin with a sparkling mango cream, and placed on a red laced thong, and the dress. I removed the scarf off my head and the pins and combed down the silky wrap. A little eye liner, mascara and red lipstick was my make-up. As soon as I slid on the red Louboutin's I heard Kay walking in. When he reached the doorway, I looked up and noticed he was already dress. No wonder why he told me to hurry up because he was on his way.

"You look beautiful baby." He said, pulling me into a warm hug, and pecking me lightly on the lips.

"Thanks you baby. You clean up pretty well too." I joked, admiring the way his tan slacks hung off his frame with the red Hermes belt securing them in place, on his hip, the black Purple Label button down clung to his toned body and the open red Versace blazer. On his feet were a pair tan Prada loafers. This man knows he can get it together.

"You ready?" He asked smiling.

"Hold on. Just a sec."

I ran to the closet and grabbed a gold, tan-ish colored clutch, ditching the red one. I checked my refection once more and re entered the room.

"ok, now Im ready." I smiled, taking his hand and pulling him down the stairs, out the door and to the car.

__________________

When we reached "Windows On The River" , we were greeted with Valet and given directions leading to the main dining room. The party was more on a business level. Networking. When we were seated at our table so were 2 other couple.

"Wassup Hassan and Blue. This my wife Peyton. Baby, you remember Hassan and Blue right. They were at the wedding?" Kay said, standing up and exchanging a hand slap and slight hug with the two.

"Yeah, I remember." I stated, shaking the duo's hand.

"This is my girl Melody. Mel, this is Hassan and Butta and his wife Payton." Blue said, introducing us to his date. Kay gave her a innocent smile and head nod, so did Hassan. I offered my hand and she took it.

"Hi." She replied smiling.

"Yo Blue, Butta, Pey and Melody, this my girl Ciara. Baby this is my boys Butta and Blue and their girls Peyton and Melody." He spoke, finishing up the introductions. Just like I did with Melody, I shook her hand.

Throughout the short dinner we all made conversations. Soon the fellas went off to start their networking. Kay and I both were coming up in the business/entrepreneurship world, being one of the handful of black business owners in the community.