Getting Closer

Chapter 13

Ever since Jack had comforted Callie they had been getting closer again but only as friends. Callie was being cautious around him but they spoke now at least. Neither of them mentioned what they really wanted to each other.

“So what’s with you and Dan?” Jack asked Callie as they sat in starbucks.

“I don’t really know” Callie tried to dismiss it.

“Oh c’mon, you have been spending a lot of time with brit boy – spill!”

“Brit boy?” Callie questioned giggling.

“You’re avoiding the answer” Jack accused.

“Am not…”

“Then answer!”

“Nothing is going on – we have just been hanging out a little” Callie blushed.

“Have you kissed?”

“What?! You can’t ask me that!”

“So you have.”

“Only on the cheek” Callie answered him begrudgingly.

“Boring” Jack yawned.

“Hey!” Callie slapped his arm but laughed.  “Just because he is a gentleman.”

“Are you saying I’m not a gentleman?” Jack mocked hurt.

“No, far from it!”

“That really hurts Cal!” Jack cried out jokingly. “Do you want me to speak with a British accent and open doors for you, then I will give you a scandalous peck on the cheek” Jack said in a terrible British accent.

Callie couldn’t help but laugh.

“Your British accent is awful!”

“Whatever” Jack stuck his tongue out at her. “So what do you hold hands and shit?” Jack asked.

“Sometimes…”

“No offence but I did more with my girlfriend when we were in fifth grade!”

“I don’t care. It’s not like he is my boyfriend.”

“But you want him to be?”

“Not really, I am happy as things are” Callie shrugged. “It would also be too complicated after warped, he lives in the UK.”

“Long distance never works” Jack agreed.

“And I’m not really one for flings…”

“Shall we make our way back my lady?” Jack asked trying out his British accent again.

Callie giggled and took his arm.

“Lead the way” Callie also tried a British accent and Jack burst out laughing.

“And you say I am bad at the British accent!”

“Shut it you!”

-x-

“Dan text me saying that you me at six are having a party on their bus, he asked me to go” Callie told Lisa and Cassadee.

“Okay…”

“Please come with me?” Callie pleaded.

“Why?” Cassadee whined.

“Because I’m nervous and so I don’t want to drink too much but I don’t want to be sober and what if I am left alone and I look weird-“ Callie rambled.

“But it’s jammies night” Lisa sighed.

“You sound like a forty year old” Callie said.

They both glared at Callie.

“We do” Lisa finally agreed.

“Urgh fine” Cassadee let out tiredly.

“We’ll come” Lisa confirmed.

“Thank you!”