The Little Green Monster

Chapter 11

Callie woke up, completely forgetting where she was and for a few minutes had a bit of a freak out. Until she then realised that she was on the tour bus. She then started giggling, which turned into laughing, which turned into hysterical laugher. She was clutching her sides, her belly hurting from how much she was laughing.

A sleepy looking Alex pulled open her curtain and looked at her like she was a mental person. He shook his head and muttered something about it being too early for this and he needed a drink.

Callie had managed to calm herself down and clambered out of her bunk.

“Are you high?” Alex asked her when she walked in the room, he inspected her eyes.

“No” Callie said shocked he would ask her that.

“Then you are mental” he told her. She punched him jokingly on the arm.

“Shut up” she shook her head but couldn’t help but smile.

“I’m not joking, I don’t want to be on tour with a unpredictable crazy person” Alex said with a dead straight face.

“Ha ha” Callie said sarcastically, glaring at him.

“You need to get your pretty ass out to the merch tent” Vinny said as he walked in the room.

Alex stuck his tongue out at her and she did it back. This turned into a contest of them pulling faces at each other.

“Children behave” Zack joked and simultaneously Alex and Callie stuck their tongue out at him.

“I’m going to get dressed” Callie announced getting up.

“I like what you are in” Vinny winked, looking at her arse in her booty shorts.

“Of course you do…”

Callie giggled and put on a pair of denim shorts and a plain white t-shirt, that was ripped down the sides so you could see the side of her black bra. She put her hair up in a high pony tail and shoved a pair of white converse on and was ready.

As she was walking out she bumped into Jack.

“Sorry” Callie mumbled, looking down at the floor, she went to move past him but he stood in her way.

“Can we talk later?” Jack asked her, his eyes pleading and his voice horse.

“I don’t think that is a good idea” Callie looked down to avoid his eyes.

“Please?” he asked, his voice cracked.

Callie’s heart swelled and she so desperately wanted to give him everything he wanted. She looked into his eyes and saw the hurt inside them, the wanting, the desperation and the longing. That couldn’t all be because of her right? No. she wouldn’t get her hopes up for him to crush them. All she had to think about was him standing there as she poured her heart out to him, and him saying nothing. Her eyes went cold and hardened.

“No” Callie replied, her voice empty and void.

Jack looked beyond hurt, he looked broken. Callie ignored this and walked away.

“Ready to go and set up the tent, Vinny is already down there?” Lisa asked her.

“Yeah” Callie put a fake smile on. “Yeah let’s go.”

-x-

The day had been pretty slow and Callie hadn’t seen much of warped tour yet. She had just been stuck at the All Time Low merch tent and the fans were pretty intense sometimes. Lisa had gone off to see All Time Low’s actual set because she promised she would for Alex. Vinny had offered to let her go and he could watch the tent by himself but Callie refused. She wasn’t up for seeing Jack right now, at all.