Chapter 100

Alei

"Momma?" Gabe called as he came walking into the laundry room. "Do we have to go midnight service?"

"Yes Gabriel." I said calmly.

All morning he has been bugging me about not wanting to go to church. Though we don't go often, I tried my best to go as often as we can,  more so on major periods. With it being Christmas Eve, and they not waking early for Christmas service, I always would take them to tonight's service.

"But momma I'm tired." He fussed.

"Tired from what Gabriel?"

I wasn't in the mood to argue so I was simply keeping calm and I knew it was throwing him off like it did with his father.

"I didn't finish cleaning till this morning and then I woke up from barely any sleep."

"Gabe, I didn't wake you sweetie. You woke up on your own. All I asked you to do since you've been home was make sure both your bedroom and work room were cleaned and to put out the clothes you're giving away, that's it. I asked your sister to do the same."

"Why are you being so nice?"

"I'm not being so nice, I'm just not shouting like you thought I would. Now if you're tired, you are free to go back to bed and relax." I rubbed the top of his head.

Exiting the laundry room, I checked on how things were going in the kitchen. Amirah and my mom we're doing meal prep for Christmas lunch while I was finishing up breakfast.

"Will Sheila be here for Christmas this year?" My mother asked.

"Yeah. She and her husband are here already actually. They're staying at Aug's place."

"Okay, nice."

"Mhmm and I think they're coming later tonight. I'm not sure."

"Will August be at service too?"

"I think so. He showed up last two years so who knows." I snickered.

Glancing over at me, I looked at Amirah, slightly rolling her eyes, she went back to peeling the potatoes.

"Make me take them out." I spoke for her to hear.

"What happen?" My mother asked.

"She's irked because she don't know if Aug is in fact seeing someone or not."

"He hasn't said yet?"

"So He is seeing someone."

"Who is seeing someone?" His voice was heard.

"You?" She asked.

"Yes Amirah, I am." He shook his head.

"How long now and why you ain't tell us."

"Because I wasn't ready to." He shrugged. "Morning y'all." He then greeted us.

"Morning." I smile. "Just you came?"

"Nah my momma and her man hea too. Need help with anything?"