Fall Fall Falling Down

I return to my room feeling as though it's already been invaded. Castiel's words are echoing back at me. I immediately take a bath and take a bath, scrubbing my skin red and raw. I want to be with Xavier right now, his body pressed against mine, oblivious to the rest of the world. But things don't work like that. I'm a Princess, and this Princess doesn't get what she wants.

          I don't think I can eat, but I have to. I order a servant to bring me a bottle of soda, and way too much food. Chicken Alfredo. Crab meat. Doritos. Chocolate. My buffet sounds disgusting because it is disgusting. But I can't help it. I don't know how long I've been in those dungeons, but that loaf of bread didn't cut it, and I'm hungry.

           When my feast is finished and I can't stomach another bite, I leave my room to roam around. . . I can't remember where the Infirm is exactly, but I wander the corridors late into the night until I find it.

            The Infirm smells of blood and antiseptic. I almost gag. The Infirmary is a long, hospital-like wing, with rows and rows and rows of endless cots. There is a desk in the center of the room, and nurses and doctors being dispatched to certain beds. There are curtains that can cover the bed for privacy if wanted.

           Angelique and Delaney will be here. But will they keep the crazies with the injured? Faintly, I wondered if Castiel stuffed Delaney into another prison, one with four spongey walls.

          But as soon as I thought of it, that's when I saw her.

           Someone nearby screams. Doctors rush to the cot, not paying me any mind, not caring that I'm not within visiting hours. I head straight for Lainey, who's hands are strapped to the bed. She narrows her eyes at me as I approach.

          I sit down on the empty cot opposite hers, and for the first few minutes, I let my eyes wander. "If you're looking for Angelique, she's farther down," Lainey narrows her eyes at me. "Come here to gloat, have you?" Her eyes are rimmed with red. She narrows her eyes at me.

           "You locked me in the dungeon I got you out of. I'll gloat if I fucking want to gloat." I leaned forward. "Tell me what happened."

          Delaney narrows her eyes, and looks away. "I had a nightmare. I thought I was back in my cell, and I didn't know where I was. Castiel couldn't deal with me, so the guards had to."

          I laugh. "Meanwhile, your boy toy asked me to be Queen of the Underworld."

          Lainey narrows her eyes. "You're lying."

          "Do I really have a reason to lie to you?" I lean forward. "Start groveling at my feet. Find a way to get my Xavier out of punishment, and I won't accept Castiel's proposal." I wouldn't accept anyway, but I don't want to see Castiel anymore hurt than he already is.

         "And how am I supposed to do that?"

          "You tell me. You planned your escape from a dungeon cell. How about a grand master plan from the infirm by tomorrow morning?"

         Delaney rolls her eyes. "Don't be so coy, Caverly. You know I had help."

         I lift my shoulders in a small shrug. "Well, I suppose if you can't, well — "

         "You're going to get Xavier sent to Tartarus," Lainey spits. Her eyes narrow. She tries to sit up, but she can't. "Love doesn't exist here! You'll get him sent to Tartarus! I'll drag him with me if I have to. I'll plunge a knife in his chest. You won't marry Castiel, you bitch. Xavier will pay the price. He'll face his worst fears, he'll — "