A Cell With My Name On It

*caution, sexual content.
_________

I used my all access card that evening to get into the servant's quarters. I remember where Xavier's room is, and the gnawing ache to see him makes my stomach churn. Xavier doesn't know that I saw his room, and I swallow back my pride.

         Quietly, I knock on his door first.

          Paranoid, I glance from one end of the corridor to the other, bouncing on my heels. If I were caught here, it would all be over. I kept my head down. I knock again. Impatiently. This time, I hear movement inside. "Hold on," Xavier's gruff, pissed off voice. Something knocks over and shatters.

          When Xavier opens the door, a look of surprise flashes on his features. His eyes were glassy and red. His hair is curlier and messy. He has his uniform on, aside from the coat and the pants. He wears white boxers and the white dress shirt, undone at the top three and the tie is loose. A look of surprise crosses his features. "What the hell do you want, are you here to crush me further down?" Xavier has definitely been drinking. "How do you even know where — " Xavier sees the all-access card between my fingers. "Castiel . . . I should have known."

         "Are you drunk?" I gaped.

         "This is why Hades chose you," Xavier drawled on, ranting now. "You're materialistic. You want what you shouldn't. You're corrupt as much as they are. You saw my pathetic excuse for a room, and you completely cut me out of your life. I'm not enough for you, huh? And so what if I am a little drunk? I deserve this. I deserve it all."

         I hit him.

         He hits me.

         I gasp.

        I grab him roughly by the shirt collar, and touch his chest to make sure that he's not wearing a wire. No sharp electrifying cut into his skin. "Listen to me and listen good, it's killing me as much as its killing you. This has nothing to do with you or your bedroom. This is far more complicated. I fear for your life here, and only I can save you. It's not safe for us to speak. Even at this moment, we could be being watched. But I have a plan."

          Xavier places a hand against my waist. He glances into the corridor, checking both ways to find it empty, and invites me inside. He quietly shuts the door, and my back presses my back against it. "As I said, I'm not going to come crawling back. You better have a good explanation."

I touch his face, the feeling of his skin against mine, his honey scent . . . I drink him in. All of him. I must tell the truth. All of it. My face still stings from where he's hit me. "I've got dirt on nearly every competitor. I need to seduce Castiel, I need to regain his trust. I'm going to show him what they've been up to. I'll steal that watch from Jasmine, and from Oscar when the time is right. Before — " I stop. What would Xavier do if he knew?

He pulls me closer. "Before what?"

"Before Delaney is released." I took a deep breath.

Xavier stumbles back. For the first time, I notice his room. His mirror had been broken, and there's blood on a few shards of glass. The clothes in the closet are all over the floor. Two of his books are shredded, ripped and all over the room. His knuckles are black and blue, and there's a small hole in the wall behind the mirror.

But news of her release comes as a shock to Xavier. He backs up, tears gathering in his gray-green eyes. "No," his lip trembles. "N-no. She can't be. Th-they can't release her." Xavier moved for the door, but I grabbed him.