Chapter 38

August 2014- Arabella's POV. (BTW I will insert a timeline at the end of the story so all these dates make sense.) Aslo, Arabella is 4 months pregnant.

Ughhhhhh! Being pregnant is boring!

Ma won't let me do anything! The other day, Lois, Emmett and Aiden all went paintballing with their bestfriends with Da and Shane (My Godfather and old beta of the pack). NOT FAIR!!

And, I keep having to pee, its like, sit for two minutes, pee. Sit for three minutes, pee. Sit for two minutes, pee. And so.

But a big BIG plus side is the new great food combinations that I'm craving- they taste so good! For example; frozen chips, pickles and chocolate sauce. Bread and Marmalade dipped in pepsi (And I don't even like marmalade or pepsi!). But the biggest plus side is the thought of me being a mother...

I keep thinking about how it's going to effect everyone too; I'm going to have a child depending on me and I'm going to have the same relationship that my mother and I have with me own child. Emmett and Aiden will be uncles, Lois an aunt and my parents, grandparents.

And I keep thinking about Alaric. Where is he? Is he even ok? Marcos has been gone for 5 months now, surely he must've found Alaric by now?

As I thought this, I rubbed my belly, which was beginning to round. I was sat watching 'Grimm' on TV with Emmett, who was sat in his favourite position, on his favourite chair- the old leather lounger and upside-down with his legs in the air. Ya weird.

"Right, Arabella," Ma stepped into the room and turned off the TV.

"Maaa!" moaned Emmett.

Ma ignored him and continued. "We need to talk about sex."

I swear Emmett choked on air.

"I'll just leave." He said, attempting to creep away from the room.

"Nope, Emmett, you are quite connected to the girls in this pack, you need to stay." Ma said firmly.

"Man-whore." I laughed out.

"Erm, who's the pregnant one?" Ma retorted for him.

Emmett dissolved into giggles. "Oooohh! Mama burn!".

Ma rolled her eyes. "I'm a mother to idiots."

-------------------------

 Marcos POV.

As I walked through the orange forest, I thought about Alaric, trying to keep his scent fresh in my head. The autumn trees swayed like mysterious dancers in the falling dusk that masked as their stage.

For a moment, I sat down upon a tree stump with a sigh.

It's taking way longer than I thought to find Alaric. And to be honest I'm tired. I've never been too keen on camping- too uncomfortable- I don't understand how people deal with it.

Taking my phone out of my pocket -gasp, yes I know a several hundred year old vampire with an electric mobile phone. (We don't all live in the dark ages, that's just Al)- and began to rifle through my photos.

Photo after photo, I looked, all the while regaining my strength, until I stopped at one. It was of me and an old friend. He had dark hair with matching dark eyes, that laughed with evil. I...I used to love him, but greed and ambition have proved to be a fatal flaw more than once.

Shaking away my memories with haste, I shut away the picture.

"I must move on." I murmured to myself.

-------------------

Soon enough I came to a village. The houses were long and close, like children, huddled in the shadows and waiting for the sun to come again so they may bloom and play. I made my way to a café and ordered myself a drink.

After paying, I sat and watched the world go by from the tall chairs in the windows. People walked back and forth, minding their own business with ease.

As I watched and drank, a girl suddenly appeared out of the corner of my eye. She was pretty, with midnight black hair, it also had strands of dyed blue intertwined with it. I frowned and thought. She looks so familiar...

My brows burrowed into each other as I thought. She went and sat on a bench, reached into her satchel and brought out a book. It was strange, the pages didn't move, as if they were stuck together. She took something out of it-ahh a trick book. It was small, made of glass and shaped like star. She held it up to her eye and peered through. Scanning her surroundings with it, she peered on. Suddenly she looked at the café. She seemed shocked and brought the glass away from her face.

And ran.

Before I could stop myself, I upped and left the caff with a clatter. I followed her best I could down out of the village and into the woods again. Wait! She's Alaric's friend! She must know where he is.

Her scent soon ran out in a clearing. Dusk was falling, and fast.

"ARGHHHH!" I was knocked off my feet and sent tumbling in the fallen leaves.

Jojo pinned me down and held her blade above me.

"Jojo! Wait!" I cried.

She faltered for a moment. "How do you know my name, beast." she spat.

"I'm Alaric's brother!"

She growled. "Alaric has no brothers, liar!" She poised herself to strike.

"No, no, wait!" I cried, I've never been one for bravery. "From back where Alaric came from!"

She stopped. "I remember you." She held the knife to me throat, burning my throat. Damn Artemis Silver. "What do you want?"

"It's Arabella, " I rushed, "Alaric's mate; She's pregnant, he needs to return. He has to!"

"Pregnant?" She whispered.

I nodded quickly.

She let me up and stared at me reproachfully. "If you make one step out of line," she threatened, "I will kill you, leech. Now follow me."

I huffed. "No need for the hurtful words. " I grumbled.