Hill City Celebration

Once I finally fell asleep, it was already almost morning, and I needed to get going. I didn't want to get up, but I had to.
My plan was to try to find my way out of these woods, and into town. I didn't know which way to go, or which way I even came from. So, I basically just guessed.

As I started walking, I felt like I had a lot of weight on me... I was heavier then usual. Then, I looked at my back, and realized that I was drenched in water. It must of rained while I was asleep.
I was so focused on my thoughts that I wasn't even paying any attention to what was going on around me.

As I walked further, I started feeling... woozy. The sun looked brighter then normal. The trees looked like they had faces. I feared that I was loosing my mind.
In the distance I could make out shadows. I thought that it was my imagination playing tricks on me, so I didn't think much of it.

When I got closer to the big shadows, I started to realize that this wasn't my imagination. I was seeing the real town! I finally found a way out of the woods!
I shook off all the water that was on my fur and started running towards the lights of the town! As I came behind a corner of an old building, I saw something... Something I had never seen before. People were singing and dancing. There were giant floats going across the streets - all the streets. Everybody was throwing things in the air! Beads, bracelets, candy, oh my!

As I walked around the streets, trying to get through the crowd of people, I noticed a little monkey, picking up candy from the ground.
"H-hello?" I said.
The monkey jumped back, scared. I must of startled him.
"What do you want?" said the monkey.
"W-what's going on here?" I said. "Why is everybody celebrating?
"Don't you know?" the monkey replied. "Today was the day that Terry Hill founded Hill City. Don't you see the giant float with the giant Terry Hill statue on it?"
After that, the monkey just walked away.

I looked at my surroundings. Everything was so beautiful! I had never seen so many colors in my life!

As the sun came down, it had felt like the spirits of the people went up. At 12 at night, everybody was still so energetic! How? Wasn't anybody sleepy? Wasn't anybody ready to go to bed?
Though, I knew that I thought differently then others. When people are happy, I'm usually sad... And I don't do it on peruse. Though, it can be pure luck, but still. Luck doesn't make an appearance so often, right?

Finally, everybody went home. There were no more floats. No more people. No more monkeys. No more Limber and Rambi...

I found a large box under a bench to lay down in as it started to rain. I suddenly missed The Works...