New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 33

Start from the beginning

"He's not some crazy teenager. He's a very close friend. I care a lot about him."

"How are you? Did the surgery at least go well? Are you going to be alright?"

"The doctors say I'm doing great for a person that went through that kind of intense surgery. They're keeping me in observation for a couple of days, until I'm able to walk properly again. I'll have a scar but it was worth it."

"Good, good. I'm flying over first thing tomorrow to check on you, see how you're holding up."

"Oh, Dad, that's very sweet, but you really don't need to do that, you've got your wife, your family-"

"You are my family too, Emily. I want you to be a part of my family."

That's so sweet.

"OK, honey, I'm soo sorry but I really need to go. Get well soon.

"Okay, Dad. See you tomorrow, then. Bye."

I ended the call. I couldn't help but smile.

"Emily, didn't Leo have a girlfriend?" Dave asked.

"Uh, yeah. Jackie." a shiver of anger went through my spine.

"Shouldn't we be calling her to tell her about Leo's accident?"

"Um, sure."

"Will you do it, sweetie?" George asked. "Lizzie is far too frustrated to talk to anyone and you're the only one to know the girl. Take, you can call her from Leo's phone."

I wish they knew my feelings for the girl. 

"Sure."

I dialed Jackie's number.

"Leo! I knew it! I knew you would change your mind about her! See, you love ME! " Jackie said.

Not quite getting what she meant by this I replied:

"Jackie? Hi. It's me, Emily. I needed to let you know that there's been an accident."

Jackie's voice switched from happy to worry.

"Is...Is everything all right? Is...Is Leo alright?"

"He's in the hospital. He's been through surgery. The doctors say he's going to wake up sooner or later."

"Oh my God," she murmured, scared.

"Yeah. Anyways, just thought you should know. Since you're his girlfriend now."

She laughed hysterically.

"Not anymore."

Did I hear it wrong, or did she really just say that she was no longer Leo's girlfriend?

"What?"

A young doctor with dark blown hair and chocolatty eyes came, gasping; she must have been running.

"Mr. Thompson?" she asked.

"He is not my boyfriend," Jackie stummered in the phone.

"Your son..." gasped the woman.

"...we broke up, because...." Jackie continued.

"He's fell into a coma," the doctor finished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNN!

Yep, you read that right. Leo fell into a coma.

It's sad, I know, but he'll get over it (at least eventually). The 'Leo falling into a coma' part is crucial for later on. You'll see when I get there :)

I had to drop a note about the medical content of the chapters: You can't be sure that all I say in my chapter is true, because medicine is like, the topic that is the less interesting, the most bloody and terrifying of all topics for me, I can't stand it, it makes me faint.

SO. Don't be offended if the infos I use are wrong, but you know, I can't help it, I'm not a doctor, I don't watch medical drama on TV so my medical knowledge is zero.

Just take it that the guy fell into a coma, alright?

Thanks for understanding.

I haven't been hearing a lot of you guys recently. Please, vote, comment and fan. It's important to me.

-A.