Chapter 19- Tattoo

"Why?"

"Well, since I'm not with Genevieve anymore I should get it covered up."

"Oh."

"What should I get? You know to cover it up?"

I grabbed his wrist and examined the "G" tattoo inked on his skin.

"How about... A treble cleft?"

"You think so?"

"Yes, of course it will totally cover it up."

"Hi! Do you guys want to get something done?" We turned around and saw a girl with dark brown hair with tattooed sleeves and a lip ring.

"Um yeah, my fiancé can't really speak since he has to save his voice for his performance later, but he actually wants to get the tattoo he has on his wrist covered up with something else."

"What did you have in mind?" She asked as she examined his wrist.

"A treble cleft." I answered.

She smiled at us. "Okay uh- I'm sorry I didn't catch your names."

"Oh uh I'm Kimberly and this is Ryan." I said shaking her hand. She seems very nice.

"Ryan, you're that singer from the band that's performing tonight right?" She asked him.

He types away at his phone. "Yeah, that's me."

She tries her best not to laugh. I like her already.

"Hi my name is August. Hey Joe I got another client for ya!" She shouts.

A man appeared in front of us, his arms and hands filled with tattoos. He motions us over to a chair and table. We walk over and Ryan sits on the chair and puts out his wrist on the table. How comes back with a stencil and places it over the letter G tattoo.

He holds out his other hand and I place mine in his holding it.

"So where are you guys from?" Asked Joe trying to make conversations as the needle pierces through Ryan's inked skin.

"He's from Colorado and I'm from L.A." I answered.

"That's so cool! How'd you guys meet?" Asked August. She seems really cool.

"Actually I was supposed to have an interview with him and Zach, one of the other members of the band."

"The one that used to be a model right?"

"Yeah, anyways I was running a little late for the interview, so as I was crossing the street, Ryan pulls me back as I hadn't noticed a Mack truck coming towards my way." I answered

"Aww that is so sweet! Hey why don't you get a tattoo as well?" She exclaimed.

"Uh, I don't know I'm scared that its going to hurt." I said nervously.

"Oh honey, it all depends on where you get it. Come on!" She said grabbing me by the hand running towards the posters.

"Whoa those are cool designs, you drew those?" I asked turning to her.

"Yeah, most of them." She said confidently.

"On second thought, I will get a tattoo." I said smiling at her.

"Yay!" She said clapping her hands.

"You're like so bubbly August, I never would've thought of it giving the way you look." I said softly.

"Well, don't judge a book by its cover." She smiled at me.

"What exactly do you want to get?"

"As a matter of fact I'm getting two."

"Oh my god you just made my day!" She exclaimed jumping up and down.