Chapter One

"Oh my god, I think I know her." Clarke whispered conspiratorially to her girlfriend, Lexa, while sitting in their private box above the public stands. Fight night was always busy in New York City, but tonight was a match up between two close friends. Making the public thirsty for blood and drama. As they usually were.

"Who are you talking about, babe?" Lexa absently replied, focusing more intently on the ring than what the woman beside her was talking about.

"That brunette, the one three rows down." She vaguely explained, just now noticing that her fighter wasn't really interested in what she was saying. Getting a devious idea, she leaned in closer making sure to use her husky bedroom voice "I'm not wearing any underwear."

"Oh that's nice, Princess."

"For the love of God, what is so interesting?"

"Sorry, I'm just worried about Raven. You know she's still trying to prove herself, and Lauren is not going to take it easy on her. I mean, she can hold her own, but she's still like my baby sister." Her apology was hard not to accept, considering she wasn't really trying to ignore Clarke. Why is she so damn cute all the time? Clarke thought to herself.

"She'll be fine. Like you said, she can hold her own. And she's been training non-stop for two weeks now. Let her fight. You have the night off for once, and I'd like to have some quality Lexacoon time." She reached over for Lexa's hand and started to play aimlessly with her aged, calloused fingers. "Here, I bet you ten bucks that Raven kicks Lauren's ass tonight."

"Raven? Nah, I love her, but Lauren is going to dominate. I know what I said, but still. Lauren is ruthless enough at home and I can't begin to imagine what she'd do to Raven in the ring. She's going to win, but I don't want the kid to get too beat up." Much to her chagrin, she was a lot softer than she appeared. "Just, distract me with something. I don't know." Huffing with a mixture of frustration and anxiety.

"Fine, but don't complain about this later." And before Lexa could ask her what exactly she meant by that, Clarke was already calling out to someone. "Camila! Up here!"

The brunette from earlier turned around quickly, eyes searching for the person who had exclaimed her name. She wasn't aware that anyone she knew was going to be at the fight tonight, other than Octavia of course. After scanning the closer rows, her gaze landed on the boxes above the public seats spying a friend. "Clarke!" She shouted. "Hey! I didn't know that you came to fights! How have you been?" Camila happily asked making her way up to the fellow model.

"Not too bad. Had a photo shoot at Sport's Illustrated the other day, so I can't say I've been up to much other than that. My woman here is a fighter too, so we come often, and the two that are fighting tonight are good friends."

"Oh well, I should introduce myself then." Leaning over to address the green-eyed fighter beside Clarke, Camila extended her hand. "Hi, I'm Camila, Clarke and I met at a modeling gig a few years ago. And you are?"

Without acknowledging Camila's friendly gesture, the fighter simply mumbled a somewhat short "Lexa", and pulled out her phone to check her messages.

Shoving her elbow into Lexa's gut, Clarke smiled at her friend. "You here with anyone? I'd love to catch up since we haven't seen each other in a while. Just come sit with us here. Lexa and I enjoy having company in this isolating box, right babe?" She said pointedly.

After catching her breath in a not-so-subtle way the fighter coughed a "Uh, yeah. That'd be great." begrudgingly. God she hated meeting new people. Or well, other human beings in general didn't particularly appeal to her. It was hard for her to open up to the ones she trusted, let alone get along with complete strangers. Once Camila had gone to fetch the friend that came to the fight with her, she sighed loudly. "Clarke you know I hate new people. Why couldn't you just call her later or something? I thought you said you wanted quality time." Low blow.