Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Moving in

(Y/N) POV

'Leave' My mind told me... so I did..

....

I knock on the door and anxiously step back. My heart was racing, yes, I'm shy but there is a reason for that. My heart stopped when someone opened the door revealing a girl with teal hair that drapes over her right shoulder and matching eyes. "S-Sorry I guess I messed up the address," I stuttered while turning around to head back to try and find the right house. "Wait," the woman told me and I obliged, "You're (Y/N) right?" I turned around and looked up at her, "Yes." "Good. You came to the right house, come inside." I stumbled forwards but caught myself. 'Get it together (Y/N), you really need to control how anxious you are right now. This is your first impression!' I grab my suitcase and roll it into the doorway. "You can leave that here until we find out where you're sleeping for tonight." I obeyed and left it there without a word. "Hey are you okay? You look pretty tense." I jumped and my eyes shot upwards to meet hers, "S-Sorry! I'm fine.. I just haven't talked to a girl outside of my family in a while.." I mumble the last part but it was loud enough that she could hear it. "Strange," She replies, "Anyways, Aphmau wanted me to give you a tour of the house. I'm Katelyn by the way, I'm one of Aphmau's roommates." "I-I'm (Y/N)." "(Y/N)... nice name."

She gave me a tour of the downstairs (not the basement) and part of the upstairs except for one room. "That's Aphmau's room," she said pointing to the door, "She's in there so just go inside and tell her you're here." I looked at her worriedly, "Just walk in without saying anything?" "Yeah sure, I mean you live here now so you can do whatever you want. I'll be in my room if you need me." I whisper a quiet okay as she shuts her door. I take in a deep breath trying to calm down my nerves a bit before walking in. 'This part is not that bad. I mean it's Aphmau, I know her at least. But that was her years ago and I barely know her now! It's been forever since I've actually talked to her face to face!' I try to clear my mind as I knock on her door, "A-Aphmau... I'm coming in." I open the door to see her with a man sitting near some pony figures. Aphmau looked like she was shocked when I came in and I realized that she never told me that I could come in. I blushed and closed the door, "I-I'm sorry Aphmau! I didn't know you were with someone! I-I should have listened for you to say something before barging in like that!" 'How embarrassing! Why do I have to be so awkward around people?!' I heard the door open and I heard footsteps come closer to me, "(Y/N) its fine." I turn around to face the person and open my shut eyes, it was Aphmau.. she looked so different! "I'm sorry." I apologized again. "You don't have to apologize." I looked up at her and she gave me a heartwarming smile that calmed me down a bit.

"Aphmau I'm going to go." The man with black hair, blue eyes, and a white mask spoke. 'Such a deep voice!' Aphmau nodded as he walked down the stairs. "Don't forget about our tea-AHM.. meeting tomorrow at 3!" Aphmau yelled down at him before he left. She smiled at me, "Let's talk!" She pulled me into her room and shut her door. As she sat down on her bed she patted the empty space next to her, motioning for me to sit down. I sat down next to her on her surprisingly comfortable bed. "Now tell me, has anything interesting happened in your life? Why did you want to move here?"

I decided that there is no reason to keep secrets away from her so I told her everything, "Well after you left my dad decided to leave my mother alone with me and my eight brothers." Aphmau's eyes widened, "Eight brothers?! Please tell me your mother did not give birth to all of them.." I chuckled, "No. My three older brothers and I are the only ones. My five younger brothers were all adopted." "Good, good. You can continue." "When my dad left, my oldest brother, Max, decided to leave too since he was 18 at the time. A year after that my second oldest brother left, and then my third. They were all a year apart so it made sense. I was the oldest one in the family at that point and tried to help my mother as much as I could. As I got older I felt like I was stressing my mother out with trying to always help her and that's when I decided to move. Realizing that I didn't have enough money to really buy anything I found your phone number, that is when I called you." We both sat there in silence for a second, "Don't worry though I'll pay off my part of the rent somehow!" Aphmau laughed, "It's fine. I'm just wondering about something.. you say you have 5 younger brothers, are they all a year apart?" I shake my head, "No. Jackson and Jayden are twins, they are 12. Alexander and Anthony are twins also, they are 11. The youngest is Ai, he's 10." I giggle, "He's adorable too! He loves walking with me around the house and trying to do chores!" "Really?" "Yeah! He's a total sweet heart! Here, I'll show you a picture." I pull out my phone and go to the most recent photo of him.

" I pull out my phone and go to the most recent photo of him

"Aww he's so cute!" Aphmau squeals. "I know!" I smile at her. I sigh and think about him.. 'I wonder how he feels right now. I don't think he's too happy with me leaving but I had to.' Aphmau broke my train of thought, "Katelyn didn't show you the basement did she?" I tilted my head, "You have a basement? What's in it?" She shook her head, "Don't worry about it."