Moments

• Dedicated to To my friend :)

I looked up at my idols; One Direction. I'd only recently joined the fandom, and this was my first ever concert. They were in front of me, singing their hearts out. As I looked up at them, my eyes locked with each one as they passed by.

I could see the joy on their faces as they belted out the lyrics. They finished there song and everyone erupted into cheer, everyone except me. I just stared up at them in absolute awe and amazement.

The curly-haired one, Harry, spoke into the microphone after everyone had quieted down. "Now tonight, we shall sing a song which is dedicated to a young girl we have spotted in the crowd. In fact, we know more about this girl than what she thinks."

Liam was the next one to talk. His voice echoed around the now dead-silent arena. "As the boys and I walked past, we noticed this girl. And one thing in particular caught our eyes."

Zayn smiled and spoke powerfully after a few moments of silence. "We all saw her bruises, we saw her cuts, we could see pain in her eyes even thought joy had sprung to her face. We can see behind the masks that many of you put on; that so many of you try to keep hidden, we see it, and we know what it's like."

The Irish one, Niall, took a deep breath and looked at me. Wait, was this me they were talking about? Sure I had cuts and bruises on my skin, but what did it matter to them? To them I was a nobody; no reason for them to care. Niall's voice was so quiet that we could barely hear it in the microphone. "We don't know this girl's story...we don't know any of your stories. But we can all see that many of you have hurt yourself for reasons we don't understand fully. But we've all been there, we've all had that one thought cross our minds. We are no different to you."

They weren't just talking about me, they were talking about every girl that had hurt themselves. The main reason I turned to One Direction was because to me, their songs had so much meaning. It was the one thing that gave me joy, and kept me strong in the hard times.

Louis was the final one to take a step forwards. "You think you know our stories, but you don't. There is so much all of you have no clue about. We just hope that the fans out there hurting themselves stop." Louis paused and licked his lips before continuing. "To you beautiful girls, we know you may all just seem like fans, but you're all so much more than that. You're our foundation, and without you, we fall. So here's to you."

Everyone still remained quiet, it was shocking to see how quiet all of them were. The boys all stood side-by-side, they looked down at me for a split second and smiled, acknowledging my existence which few people did. They each took each others hands and quietly they began to sing the one song that held so much meaning to me; Moments.

"Shut the door,

Turn the light off,

I wanna be with you,

I wanna feel your love,

I wanna lay beside you,

I cannot hide this,

Even though I try."

"Heart beats harder,

Time escapes me,

Trembling hands,

Touch skin,

It makes this harder,

And the tears stream down my face."

"If we could only have this life,

For one more day,

If we could only turn back time."

"You know I'll be,

Your life,

Your voice.

Your reason to be.

My love,

My heart,

Is breathing for this,

Moment,

In time,

I'll find the words to say,

Before you leave me today."

"Close the door,

Throw the key,

Don't wanna be reminded,

Don't wanna be seen,

Don't wanna be without you,

My judgment's clouded,

Like tonight's sky."

"Hands are silent,

Voice is numb,

Try to scream out my lungs,

It makes this harder,

And the tears stream down my face."

"If we could only have this life,

For one more day,

If we could only turn back time."

"You know I'll be,

Your life,

Your voice,

Your reason to be.

My love,

My heart,

Is breathing for this,

Moment,

In time,

I'll find the words to say,

Before you leave me today."

"Flashing lights in my mind,

Going back to the time,

Playing games in the street,

Kicking balls with my feet.

There's a numb in my toes,

Standing close to the edge,

There's a pile of my clothes,

At the end of your bed.

As I feel myself fall,

Make a joke of it all."

"You know I'll be,

Your life,

Your voice,

Your reason to be.

My love,

My heart,

Is breathing for this,

Moment,

In time,

I'll find the words to say,

Before you leave me today."

You know I'll be,

Your life,

Your voice,

Your reason to be.

My love,

My heart,

Is breathing for this,

Moment,

In time,

I'll find the words to say,

Before you leave me today."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. That song meant everything to me, the lyrics were so powerful. All of the boys waved to me and each one blew me a kiss. I didn't understand it, but I was the reason that they had done that.

"Thank you, One Direction. You mean so much more to me than you will ever know."