Chapter 84

LOUIS
"I'm coming home", I tell him as soon as he answers the phone

"We know that, Lou", Liam responds

"No, Liam, I'm coming home. Here. As in, I'm not getting on the plane! I'm staying here!", I say to him. My voice getting higher the more excited I get. I am quite happy with my decision.

"Let me go somewhere quiet so I can hear you better", He says. I hear him tell Harry he will be right back. Hearing Harry's voice in the background makes the butterflies go crazy in my tummy. I want to hurry up and get back to him. "Okay did I hear you correctly when you said that you are not getting on the plane?", Liam asked a bit excitedly.

"Yes!", I shouted happily through the phone. "I can't leave what I have here, Li. But, please do not tell Niall and Harry. I want to surprise them", I tell him as I make my way back out to get a cab.

"Makes sense now on why you called me and not one of them", He said. I could tell he was smiling and quite happy with what I had to tell him.

"I need you to do me a favor.", I tell him as I wave down a cab. "Have a mic setting at the table by the door. Tell the people setting there not to say anything when I come in. I will let you know when I am there. Have Ed get a song ready for when I get there. I will text you the song I want to sing. Again, don't say anything, Li. Please. I'm going to hang up now as I am now in a cab heading to the club", I tell him as I get in the cab. We say our goodbyes and hang up. I tell the driver where to go and then we are pulling into traffic.

LIAM
I hung up the phone and went back over to the bar and set back down in the stool next to Harry. He was a little tipsy but not too bad.

'Who was on the phone?", He asked as he took another sip of his Jack and coke. I had to come up with something quick.

"An ole buddy of mine wondering what I was up to tonight", I tell him. He accepted the answer and went back to sipping his drink. He hasn't been very talkative tonight. But I understand completely. Niall then came over and gave me a kiss. He stepped back from me and just stared at me.

"What?", I ask him after a few seconds.

"I know that look. What are you hiding?", He asks with a raised eyebrow. I should've known that he would be the one to figure out something was going on. He can read me like a book.

"I'm not at liberty to say just yet", I tell him as I lean over the counter to kiss him. Giving him that look that says 'Don't push for answers'. He nods his head in understanding and gives me a kiss in return. At that moment I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I take it out and set back down, trying to be as sneaky as possible. I see that it is a text from Louis.

"I'm here", is all it says. I shoot a quick text back to him and stand up putting my phone back in my pocket. I then make my way over to Ed and grab a mic and tell him what CD to put on as Louis had texted it to me a bit ago. But, I had just seen it. I grab the mic and make my way over to the entrance and tell the people there to keep silent when he walks through the door and explain to them why. Not knowing one of the waitresses were behind me

"Louis' coming here? tonight?!!", Alex says causing me to turn around putting a finger over my mouth signaling her to be quiet. She nods her head in understanding trying to hide her excitement. Just then the door opens and Louis steps through it. I hug him as if I aint seen him in weeks. He takes the mic and I signal for Ed to start the music and make my way over to the bar. I keep an eye on Niall and Harry. Anxious to see their reactions. At that moment the music started and his voice comes through the speakers.

"How can I convince you
what you see is real
who am I to blame you
For doubting what you feel

I was always reachin'
You were just a 'boy' I knew
I took for granted
The friend I have in you