Part 7 ~ The killer

Kelly's  P.O.V.

     I woke up from a dream i was being attacked by birds. With a rapid heart beat when i awoke i noticed that birds were chirping outside. One day i will get rid of those birds. Maybe not today but one day i thought with vengeance. 

The other day was great with Alissa and her mom. I bought some stuff to redecorate my room and I will be making it shout 'Kelly the teen' and not 'Emily the three year old'. Why would Brent pre-decorate bedrooms any way? Did he have kids or other step kids. Or maybe he  kidnapped kids and kept them here until they died and then he buried them under the front room floor or back yard. After getting goosebumps i shook the thoughts from my head. I really do watch too much 'Snapped' and 'Lifetime' stories.

After brushing my teeth i started my saunter downstairs.  I passed Brent's office, so me being the mischievous person i am; i decided to eavesdrop. 

"I told them and specifically you to get her out of the main branch in Los Vegas. She knows too much and we will lose out on millions. How are you going to pay your sick daughter's medical bills? How will you ever keep up with your 21 year old mistress if you lose your job? Huh George? Answer me!"

There was a slight pause and i was about to sprint down stairs, but i heard Brent start talking again. "I thought so G. Prorogue Linda's plan NOW!"  Brent smashed his phone onto what sounded like a table and i surely did fly downstairs. 

With my normal composure i greeted mom and sat down to breakfast: sunny side up eggs, pancakes, turkey bacon (my favorite), orange juice, milk and blueberry muffins we bought yesterday from Swiss Pastry Shop. Halfway finished with breakfast the killer (Brent) came downstairs with a big smile on his face. 

"Good morning lovelies. I know i said i would have breakfast with you hun but i have a video conference to be to and if i don't leave right now I'll be late. So i'll pick you two 5pm for dinner at Mesa Grill Atlantis."

"Okay B" my mom said with a fake pout but a sincere disappointed voice. He ruffled my hair like a kid and gave mom a passionate kiss before he took flight out the front door.

"So what are your plans for today until 5 Kels"

"I don't know. I was gonna finish decorate my room after breakfast and chill by the pool or Netflix. What about you?"

"Clean, decorate, make us lunch and look for something to wear tonight. Would you help your mother dearest clean?"

With that being said i drank my last bit of milk and ran upstairs. I could hear mom shout jokingly "No lunch for you" as i ran up the stairs .

Sitting on the floor with loads of plastic bag filled with my decorating stuff, i picked up my cell phone and saw a whats app message.

Laila: Hey Kelly.  :)

Me: Sup Laila

Laila: I have some slightly disturbing news for you.  :'(

Me: Spit it  -_-

Laila:  I saw ricky with either Jennifer or Jennalee with Geo out to the movies 

Me: .....

Laila: I'm not not sure if he was the wing man or if him and one of the 'Jenns' are in a relationship. But i told you because i didn't want you to get played while you're over there

Me: Umm, thanks for telling me.  :): We were supposed to be working this long distance thing out. Dont worry about me. I'll figure this out. Thanks for looking out bestie.  :*

Laila: No prob bestie. Our friendship will always be here no matter the distance. Facetime later? I'm at work right now.

Me: Sure.

How could i be as stupid to believe he would be faithful and I'm so far away. With a tear stained face i continued to decorate. Men can be such phonies. *changes whats app status* Distance is something that changes people.