Part 5 ~ Shut up and let her introduce herself.

Kelly's  P.O.V.

     They each greeted us and said their relationships with Brent. Most were his employees and others were close family members we met at his and mom's wedding in June. Some gave advice about living over here and others gave presents. 

"Hi, I'm Alissa. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Uncle Brent's niece. The one who SPILLED wine on the floor at the reception and the whole bridal party almost fell," she said with a laugh and an out stretched hand.

I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you again." Loll "Boy did we have fun at the wedding. Do you think he found out it wasn't an accident yet."

"I doubt it. I'm his sweet and perfect niece", she said with a flutter of her eyelash. "Grab your plate and let's go inside to the movie theater with the other teens. They sent me to rescue you from the old people.".

"I'll just let my mom know I'll me inside so she don't think i decided to away."

****************************************

We entered the room with all eyes on us.

"Is she Mr. Williams step daughter!", some one shouted.

"She's cute", said a guy.

"Shut up Glen, she's not that cute. Don't you see her crooked teeth", a girl said.

I doubt Alissa heard her. But i have  a bionic ear when it comes to people saying things about me. I wore braces.

"Why don't you shut up before i come over there and burst that second nose on your face", I said to the girl.

 Everyone bust into uncontrollable laughter.

Then someone said "I thought she was white cause her mom's white." I have curly hair that is now a low puff, medium brown skin with freckles under my eye and on my nose. My eyes was dark brown with a hint of green. I've always felt like I had more African than American in my genes and I've always fitted in with the African Americans than the normal Americans.

"Dang, you're tall for a girl. What are you, 6feet?", a girl said. My dad is really tall, so I got my height from him.

"Okay! Shut up and let her introduce herself everyone", Alissa said with a stern voice that you just had to obey. Then she looked at me giving me the okay to speak.

"Well isn't this awkward. I'm Kelly Simmons, Brent's step daughter. Ummm, I am African American. My mom's white and my dad's black. I got my height from him cause he's like 6feet 2inches."

"And what school would you be going to Kelly?", Alissa asked with the most polite  voice i heard her use all day.

"Queens College"

"I go there and so does Jamie. Say hi Jamie", she said and waved to him. "Oh, Claire and Blaire over in the corner go there also. There dad's next in charge of Uncle Brent's hotel and they think they're queens. But i keep them in their places and I see  you'll also keep them in their places." Then she gave me a wink.

"Oh, okay. I guess they're  the mean girls of QC also."

"Yup"

"Well they have a next thing coming for them if they think they can bully us."

" Oh wow." Then Alissa laughs " I like you already." We both burst into a laugh.

After my whole introduction we sat down and watched two movies until everyone left. Alissa was the last to leave because seems like her mom and my mom are inseparable.

"You should come to my room and help me put away my stuff since you're like still in my house and it's after 9pm", I said to Alissa with a smile on my face.

"Ahhh, now I see your sassy-ness, but I'll help". She said while following me to my room upstairs. "I'll be back tomorrow. Then we could chill in the pool and mommy and I can show you around town and hit up the mall or something.