Part 2 ~ Airport

Kelly's P.O.V

Why is it so freaking hot, it has to be over 100 degrees out, I thought to myself. Then, I saw Brent; tall, dark, muscular and with a full mouth of white shiny teeth. Did he ever eat to ruin them? I doubt it.

"Laura! Kelly! Over here!"

"Brent hunny!", was all i heard before mom dropped her heavy purse on my foot and went to greet him.

"Thanks for breaking my foot ", I yelled out as i saw her running to Brent like a kid to a christmas tree full of presents.

She had a big, wide and beautiful smile that was contagious and i couldn't help but smile after seeing hers. Mom had such a bubbly and cheerful personality. I'd hate to see him ruin it.

I bent down to pick up her purse and all her belongings that fell out. While on the floor i noticed a group of guys all wearing a variation of Nike and Jordan tennis shoes walk by with jersey pants. Ahhh, the basket ball team that was on my flight. They all were really tall, except one who was shorter but still considered tall.

"Checking out the basket ball team huh? I see ya. Seems like Laura has to keep an eye on you", said Brent with a gravelly laugh afterwards.

Mom needs to keep an eye on you with your guy next door appearance; is what i wanted to say. But instead i replied with a subtle smile. Meanwhile mom still had that stupid smile on her face from when she went to greet him and added a nob to it. I just hope he don't hurt her like husband number two; whatever his name was. On the other hand if he do hurt her we'll move back home to Florida. So yea Brent, break her heart and break it real bad so we can leave.

"Ya know that's the basket ball team from your new school. You're all registered for school to start in September. I just know your gonna love it. Maybe not the uniform part. Ha", Brent added trying to build a conversation with me.

"Well, we've been standing here long enough waiting for our bags. It's about time they reach.", mom added after seeing our luggage come around the baggage carousel and trying to change the conversation.

"Yea, the jeeps close. Time to meet your new home."

I left in silence to get my bags and they followed behind whispering about something. Could they be talking about me and the basketball team or my lack of words toward the renowned owner of the greatest hotel in the Bahamas; Mr. Brent Williams?

"I live about 30 minutes away from here so lets get to know each other better Kels."

"My name's Kelly", I simply stated in hopes he understood that only family and friends called me Kels or Kel.

This is going to be a long 30 minutes.