The Change. The Marking. The Fight

Start from the beginning

She swirled back around with menace in her eyes, clear that her wolf was in control. "Sorry?!" She roared as everyone took a step back. "Clearly it had not came into your thick mind that I was almost taken from my mate. My. Mate! How would you feel if your Alpha heard your call for help but decided to ignore it because I was holding him down?"

Madeline stood in front of her as she shook with fear and teary eyes. "How would you feel if some man you don't even know, touches you and claims you as is? If you ever so even think that your damn apology will work just to have the Alpha off his back you are wrong," she growled out lowly as she inched forward.

The Beta's wife stumbled back and hung her head, holding her child close to her. "For a Beta's wife, you sure are demanding," Madeline snapped as she flinched back even more.

Madeline backed away and stormed passed the onlookers. She was fighting hard not to shift and attack so she quickly headed inside and up to the room and locked herself in.

She slid down the door and held herself. She was shaking. The push her wolf was putting on her took so much of her energy away, she had thought she was going to lose this internal battle.

Madeline got up and went into the bathroom and locked herself in. She quickly turned on the water to cold as she took off her clothes then dipped in, shivering even more but could care less if it'll help cool her wolf down.

She submerged herself into the water and stayed under until her wolf eventually gave up and stopped the push. Madeline came back up gasping for breath as she turned off the water. She brushed her hair back away from her face and heavily breathed.

She drained the water and dried herself off. Madeline put her clothes back on then blow dried her hair and braided it to one side. She headed out the room and just as she reached the stairs, Sol had come running up.

He stood in front of her and looked her over. Anger, clear in his eyes. Madeline gave him a small smile and wrapped her arms around his torso as he wrapped her up in his. He kissed her head and held her tighter. "Are you okay?" He asked in a strained voice.

She pulled away and looked up at him. "I'm fine," she breathed out.

Sol dipped down and pressed his lips against hers harshly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Sol deepened the kiss then put her down again after he had his fill of her tasteful lips. "As long as you're okay," he whispers as he pecked her lips.

Madeline smiled as his beating heart skipped a beat.

Someone cleared their throat as both of them turned to see the Beta at the stairway. Madeline looked at him as he stared back with regret and disappointment in his eyes. "Lu-"

"It's okay, Beta," she interrupted as she gave him a warm smile. "It's my fault also. I should have tried harder."

Beta shook his head and was about to speak when Madeline stood close in front of him much to Sol's discomfort. Madeline leaned in and whispered into his ear for him to hear only, "In all honesty, every time my wolf gets mad, all she wants to do is kill."

Beta stilled as Madeline moved away with a sad smile on her face. "I've been trying for ten and a half years," she whispers with a wider smile. "She's impossibly annoying."

Beta smiled and nodded. "I'll also try then too."

Madeline nodded as Beta turned to leave. Once he left, Sol grabbed her again and pushed her against the wall as he attacked her lips. He picked her up as he moved flushed against her. Madeline wrapped herself around him as he continued his assault. "What did you tell him?" He asked once he moved down to her neck. She moved her head to give him more access, smiling at his low growl that rumbled out of him.