5: Meeting

5: Meeting

"The first step of thousand stepped journeys is the toughest to take. Once taken, then there will be no looking back."

25th September 2012,

Fashion Week,

Mumbai

"Excuse me, can you please tell me the way to Mr. Singh's stand?"

I got hold of an assistant who seemed busier than she already is. But thank God, instead of the generally struck up ones, as she took her precious time to help us out. How generous of her? I owe her a lot, don't I?

"That way" she pointed towards her left nonchantly and I was thinking all this in my head while pasting a fake smile on my face and grateful, "Thanks" towards her. She just nodded her way out. While I shook my head and made a face, all the while busy to drag Diya out with me towards the pointed direction.

All Diya could manage to do was throw a surprised smile towards my attitude. After all, it'd be suprising to her that the girl who always spends her time in a runway event to whine about cry about that she has other precious works, to actually take interest in a fashion designer for the first time. So much interest that she couldn't wait for the event to end, but to rush in the middle of the event.

I was surprised at myself. I generally don't let my impulse guide my way. But things were different when it was about this handsome man that had this mysterious aura around him. I was intruiged and drawn to him like a moth to fire. This was dangerous and my heart was at stake. But for now, I gave my logics go for a vacation, while I dive at my prey. The thing here is who is the prey? He or me, well that could be a matter of debate.

The backstage was chaotic as always. For a second I had to stand in the middle and admire the beauty of this chaos. I could be a very much part of this messy stand if I had taken down this path, but my career was no less. Chaos was a part of everyday, crisis our evening snack. So, this pretty much made me feel at home. Dresses flying here at there, assistants going haywire, makeup artists making their masterpieces on their model's face, hairspray clouding and almost choking the room, yet this offered me a kind of solace.

Also the anxiety and anticipation of meeting a man that captured a heart that none could come close as to ruffle. He must be a magician, he who can entice my heart through a simple glimpse and I knew there was more to this man, than my eyes can meet. Now, that has drawn my curious Mind more than it should. I want to know, own and have him just to myself.

Diya could see through me like a open book, after all we share a history and passion together, don't we? She is like my twin soul, moving in pace with, step by step. We passed through each stand, each mesmirizing me in their own way, but my idol of admiration was nowhere to be seen.

"Sona, are you sure, we are going in the right direction? This place feels like a twisted maze."

Diya expressed her honest opinion like she always does. I just smiled and shrugged.

"Di, I am clueless as you are. Let's keep going and maybe we eventually do find him?"

She just nodded and as Diya said we continued down the twisted maze and I couldn't help but admire how well they have used the space so effectively. So much could fit in such a small place, wonderful indeed!

Finally, as my eyes were roving and taking in things I saw him. Rather than I, I must say Diya stopped him and alerted me. There he stood tall, basking in his glory and happiness. Already a swarm of people like bees buzzed around him. But none could stop me now. I was in my right path and there I had seen him.